John B.

Default Old Sears Craftsman Planer model # 113.20621 - looking for manual

My father-in-law just recently gave me an old Sears Craftsman Planer that he
's had and used for a number of years, and he purchased it used. I believe
the planer was made in the mid to late sixties, but I know the model number
is 113.20621 When he gave it to me, he told me that he didn't have the
owners manual for it.

I've gone to the Sears web site and they do have the exploded parts view of
the tool, but they do not have most, or any of the parts (especially the
manual). I've also searched the web and have found a couple of leads, but as
of this moment some of the email addresses are dead, or the people haven't
gotten back in touch with me yet.

I was hoping that someone might have a copy that they might sell, or perhaps
will make copy. I would be willing to pay for the trouble.

Thanks

John Barrington

--
To contact directly:
Remove periods between letters

Frank Campbell

In article , John B. wrote:

My father-in-law just recently gave me an old Sears Craftsman Planer that he
's had and used for a number of years, and he purchased it used. I believe
the planer was made in the mid to late sixties, but I know the model number
is 113.20621 When he gave it to me, he told me that he didn't have the
owners manual for it.

snip

There is a manual for a later model he
http://www.owwm.com/MfgIndex/detail.asp?ID=222

It may be of some help.

--
http:sawdustmaking.com
KB8QLR

I bought a similar model on ebay a short time ago. After checking on the
Sears website, and discovering the OEM went out of business...I scrapped it.
I kept the motor that came with it.
Good luck!
Joe

--
A hobbyist / carpenter with an emphasis on small projects.

"John B." j.b.a.r.i.n.g.t.o.n.[A.T.].c.o.m.c.a.s.t.[D.O.T.].n.o.n. wrote
in message ...
[...]

Nut tree

John, this is a scarry beast to use. it is totally manual feed and never
put anything short in there. I will look in the file box to see if I still
have the paper on my old one. Now longer have the machine, left it with my
father-in-law, i think he gave it away!
[...]

Anne Watson

Try this URL
http://www.oldwwmachines.com/
My father-in-law just recently gave me an old Sears Craftsman Planer that

he
's had and used for a number of years, and he

John B.

To Anne Watson and Frank Campbell,

Thanks to each of you for the link, but I had found the site through an
earlier web search. The site only had a reference link where it looked like
someone had rebuilt the planer and was dsiplaying pictures of it.

To KB8QLR,

If this palner appears to be a monster to find parts for, or to just operate
in a safe manner, then I might just put a "For Sale" sign on it. It might be
great for someone that wants the entire thing, or they might want it for
parts for another existing unit. I did a search on the Sears web site, and I
found they still had the unit on record. They had an exploded view of the
parts, as well as a list of the parts, but whenever I tested to see if they
still had any of the parts (knobs, handles, ...), the site told me that no
parts were available. I went ahead and made a copy of the parts list they
were showing, as well as the exploded parts view, just in case Sears stops
providing this information about the unit.

To Nut tree,

I can see what you mean about it could/can be a beast. Roughly 40 years has
past since this thing was made, and I'm sure that many safety features have
been implimented during the years. I hope that you may have the manual. I'd
like to read-up on the manual before I turn this thing on (as well as
getting other reading material about planers). Let me know if you were able
to find the manual or not.

To JAW

I sort of chuckled when I read his message too. However, my first thought
was that his father-in-law gave it to my father-in-law. These things appear
to be *VERY* well built, but as KB8QLR implied, these 40 year old planers
appear to be a bit dangerous to run. Maybe these things have lasted this
long because they are well built, or because people have only used them or
twice and became scared to use them again, so they just collected garage
dust until they were given away again and again. A thought did cross my mind
that a son never gave this beast to his father, or the father to the son. It
only seems to be an "In-Law" thing. I guess that my next freebie gift from
my father-in-law might be something like an old set lawn darts. :-)

John B.

Default Update: Sears Craftsman Planer model # 113.20621 - manual found

UPDATE

I just received an email from a gentleman that has a copy of the manual. He
just informed me that he has posted it on his web site. He has also told me
that he will leave it there for a while if there are other people that wish
to have a copy. The only page that he didn't included was page two. That
page just had some generic safety rules.

I just wanted to past forward the link to anyone looking for a copy:
http://www.barr-family.com/godsword/jointer/

Thanks to everyone that replied!