Posted to rec.woodworking

Default One Man Saw - Red Green

I suppose some of you have seen this, but it's worth a rerun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRg8rJUXwQc

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:27:31 -0800 (PST), Sonny
wrote:

I suppose some of you have seen this, but it's worth a rerun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRg8rJUXwQc

Cute concept, but...

Man, I had forgotten just how bad TV had gotten. Laughtracks, silly
noises, 500 channels of noise, and 27-minutes/hour of commercials.
What's to like?

--
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
-- J. K. Rowling
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I suppose some of you have seen this, but it's worth a rerun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRg8rJUXwQc

Cute concept, but...

Man, I had forgotten just how bad TV had gotten. Laughtracks, silly
noises, 500 channels of noise, and 27-minutes/hour of commercials.
What's to like?

--
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
-- J. K. Rowling

what's to like?? the fact that the shows are funny and entertaining.
sometimes even educational (myth busters) don't like commercials??
Then get a fukkin dvr and learn to use it.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I suppose some of you have seen this, but it's worth a rerun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRg8rJUXwQc

Cute concept, but...

Man, I had forgotten just how bad TV had gotten. Laughtracks, silly
noises, 500 channels of noise, and 27-minutes/hour of commercials.
What's to like?

what's to like?? the fact that the shows are funny and entertaining.

One mind-decay point proven for me! bseg

sometimes even educational (myth busters) don't like commercials??
Then get a fukkin dvr and learn to use it.

I gave up a DVR and 160 channels (I do miss the commercial-free music
channels, but they raped that, too, by killing the jazz/blues fusion
station.) for the peace, tranquility, and far higher intelligence of
books once again. It's not worth looking back. I'm getting more of
my projects done now, too.

--
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
-- J. K. Rowling
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 16, 8:12*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:

[snipped for effect]

....... and far higher intelligence of
books once again.

But whatcha gonna do when you get all those books coloured?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:05:27 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Nov 16, 8:12*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:

[snipped for effect]

....... and far higher intelligence of
books once again.

But whatcha gonna do when you get all those books coloured?

Build a CNC crayon-eraser, _that's_ what.

--
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
-- J. K. Rowling
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Man, I had forgotten just how bad TV had gotten. *Laughtracks, silly
noises, 500 channels of noise, and 27-minutes/hour of commercials.
What's to like?

Larry, me thinks you are trying to take Red too seriously.

Loosen up.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/2010 10:42 AM, RonB wrote:
wrote:

Man, I had forgotten just how bad TV had gotten. Laughtracks, silly
noises, 500 channels of noise, and 27-minutes/hour of commercials.
What's to like?

Larry, me thinks you are trying to take Red too seriously.

Loosen up.

RonB

I haven't seen Red's show in a few years, but I thought he was funny.
Reminds me a little of the writing of Patrick McManus who has written
several books of short stories and used to write a column for Field &
Stream magazine. I think Mr. McManus was a "Youper" (sp) though.

In high school, someone sitting next to me asked "Is it really that
funny?", to which I had to answer "Yes!" : )

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:42:05 -0800 (PST), RonB
wrote:

wrote:

Man, I had forgotten just how bad TV had gotten. *Laughtracks, silly
noises, 500 channels of noise, and 27-minutes/hour of commercials.
What's to like?

Larry, me thinks you are trying to take Red too seriously.

Loosen up.

Whether or not the guy is funny, TV makes it an unenjoyable couple of
minutes. I hadn't remembered how bad a brain rotter it was since I
quit watching -ANY- TV about 3-1/2 years ago.

--
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
-- J. K. Rowling
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/17/10 6:34 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:42:05 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

wrote:

Man, I had forgotten just how bad TV had gotten. Laughtracks, silly
noises, 500 channels of noise, and 27-minutes/hour of commercials.
What's to like?

Larry, me thinks you are trying to take Red too seriously.

Loosen up.

Whether or not the guy is funny, TV makes it an unenjoyable couple of
minutes. I hadn't remembered how bad a brain rotter it was since I
quit watching -ANY- TV about 3-1/2 years ago.

Ok, Larry, we get it, you don't watch TV.
Now quit saying it in every stinkin thread. :-p

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 17, 7:34*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:42:05 -0800 (PST), RonB
wrote:

wrote:

Man, I had forgotten just how bad TV had gotten. *Laughtracks, silly
noises, 500 channels of noise, and 27-minutes/hour of commercials.
What's to like?

Larry, me thinks you are trying to take Red too seriously.

Loosen up.

Whether or not the guy is funny, TV makes it an unenjoyable couple of
minutes. *I hadn't remembered how bad a brain rotter it was since I
quit watching -ANY- TV about 3-1/2 years ago.

--
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- J. K. Rowling

She was a level-headed dancer on the road to alcohol
And I was just a soldier on my way to Montreal
Well she pressed her chest against me
About the time the juke box broke
Yeah, she gave me a peck on the back of the neck
And these are the words she spoke

[Chorus:]
Blow up your TV throw away your paper
Go to the country, build you a home
Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches
Try an find Jesus on your own

Well, I sat there at the table and I acted real naive
For I knew that topless lady had something up her sleeve
Well, she danced around the bar room and she did the hoochy-coo
Yeah she sang her song all night long, tellin' me what to do

[Chorus]

Well, I was young and hungry and about to leave that place
When just as I was leavin', well she looked me in the face
I said "You must know the answer."
"She said, "No but I'll give it a try."
And to this very day we've been livin' our way
And here is the reason why

We blew up our TV threw away our paper
Went to the country, built us a home
Had a lot of children, fed 'em on peaches
They all found Jesus on their own

(John Prine)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 15, 11:16*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:

and 27-minutes/hour of commercials.

Is that bit true?!
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

and 27-minutes/hour of commercials.

Is that bit true?!

Probably not quite, but for news programming, the last time I timed it
for the half hour nightly news, there were 13 minutes of commercials.
For decades, I got ****ed at the commercials always interrupting a
movie.

On TV, a movie will take 2 hours to be broadcast. When you go to buy
the same exact movie on DVD it's only, say, 87 minutes long.
Disgusting.

I recall BBC America being a bit better than that, though.
I wish they'd had more episodes of Red Cap. That Tamzin Outhwaite gal
was a real looker and I thoroughly enjoyed the shows; less predictable
than US programming.

--
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
-- J. K. Rowling
Posted to rec.woodworking

Awesome!

The one I liked best was the snowplough dig-out saver.

A barrel of rocks, at the end of the driveway supported a vertical post
inserted into it. At the top of the post was a pulley system with a rope
attached to the end of a long 2x12, forming a ramp from the raised end at
the barrel to the other side of the driveway (up-traffic).

As the plough came down the street it's tire ran up the ramped 2x12 and
flattened it to the pavement. The other end of the pulley then hoisted up a
plywood wall across the end of the driveway, rejecting any snow dumping from
the plough blade.

He actually demonstrated it working like a charm (once!)... Was the best one
yet!

"Sonny" wrote in message
I suppose some of you have seen this, but it's worth a rerun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRg8rJUXwQc

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

Love those two guys - creative get "arounds" to work!

Martin

On 11/15/2010 3:27 PM, Sonny wrote:
I suppose some of you have seen this, but it's worth a rerun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRg8rJUXwQc

Sonny

Green libs cause green pipes Wes[_2_] Metalworking 16 March 5th 10 06:16 AM
Think Green ! HeyBub Home Repair 0 December 18th 06 04:17 AM
FS: Green & Green book Rick Stein Woodworking 2 October 11th 03 03:59 AM