Bay Area Dave

Default Or not you decide. Good Gawd give it a rest

sounds like you don't know whether to sh*t or go blind.

dave

Frank McVey wrote:
I can't figure out who is the troll and who
isn't ...

xrongor

considering the number of posts to this group each day, its actually pretty
managable.

randy

"Puff Griffis" wrote in message
I know I am new to this NG but not to Usenet. I am so tired of this
****ing contest between different factions of this NG. Cant you fellows call
a truce or something ? Ignore each other ? Whatever it takes just please
drop it you are ruining a fine forum just to out do each other. Flame wars
are an apparent thriving cancer in all of Usenet but it does not have to be
this way. If everyone would just grow up and act their age then this forum
can return to a decent place to learn about wood working.
Puff

Puff Griffis

Oh Frank believe me I have no intention of leaving. I find most of the =
post quite informative and will continue to read them. I have seen the =
troll attacks all to often on alt.smokers.pipes in the 6 or 8 years I =
have been an active member so its nothing new I just hate to see what it =
can do to a good news group.
David "Puff" Griffis

"Frank McVey" wrote in message =
I second what you're saying, Puff. However, some senior and very
well-respected members of the group have been under a sustained troll =

attack
and have the right to defend themselves in the forum in which they =

were
attacked. In the case of the last series of exchanges, the troll =

seems to
be a poster who has been purporting to be one of our own for the last =

18
months or so - he claims to have had his identity hijacked on a number =

of
occasions by yet another troll. I can't figure out who is the troll =

and who
isn't, but since the aforementioned poster contributes little to the =

group
other than controversy and discord, I've filtered them both with =

complete
impartiality. A plague on both their houses.
=20
As for the ****ing contest, a cursory search of Google will allow you =

make up your own mind as to where the right of the matter lies.
=20
If you still have problems, then it's a simple matter to kill-file =

those to
whom you take exception - see David Eisan's FAQ, which he posts =

regularly.
Most of the good guys fly under their own colours so it isn't hard. =

There
is at least one resident non-Wreck troll who keeps morphing his =

identity,
making it harder to plonk him, but he's a just a lightweight maggot - =

no,
less than that - just a yeast infection on an otherwise healthy body, =

so
ignore him. You'll quickly get to recognise his posts.
=20
Welcome aboard, and I trust that the current spat won't discourage you =

from
learning from - and contributing to - the "Wreck"
=20
Cheers,
=20
Frank
=20
=20
"Puff Griffis" wrote in message
I know I am new to this NG but not to Usenet. I am so tired of =

this
****ing contest between different factions of this NG. Cant you =

fellows call
a truce or something ? Ignore each other ? Whatever it takes just =

please
drop it you are ruining a fine forum just to out do each other. Flame =

wars
are an apparent thriving cancer in all of Usenet but it does not have =

to be
this way. If everyone would just grow up and act their age then this =

forum
can return to a decent place to learn about wood working.
Puff
=20
=20
=20
---
=20

OT-John Kerry Gunner Metalworking 137 February 11th 04 07:38 PM
Design - Cultural Factors charlieb Woodworking 4 July 28th 03 07:51 PM