Puff Griffis

Default Or not you decide. Good Gawd give it a rest

Oh Frank believe me I have no intention of leaving. I find most of the =
post quite informative and will continue to read them. I have seen the =
troll attacks all to often on alt.smokers.pipes in the 6 or 8 years I =
have been an active member so its nothing new I just hate to see what it =
can do to a good news group.
David "Puff" Griffis

"Frank McVey" wrote in message =
I second what you're saying, Puff. However, some senior and very
well-respected members of the group have been under a sustained troll =

attack
and have the right to defend themselves in the forum in which they =

were
attacked. In the case of the last series of exchanges, the troll =

seems to
be a poster who has been purporting to be one of our own for the last =

18
months or so - he claims to have had his identity hijacked on a number =

of
occasions by yet another troll. I can't figure out who is the troll =

and who
isn't, but since the aforementioned poster contributes little to the =

group
other than controversy and discord, I've filtered them both with =

complete
impartiality. A plague on both their houses.
=20
As for the ****ing contest, a cursory search of Google will allow you =

make up your own mind as to where the right of the matter lies.
=20
If you still have problems, then it's a simple matter to kill-file =

those to
whom you take exception - see David Eisan's FAQ, which he posts =

regularly.
Most of the good guys fly under their own colours so it isn't hard. =

There
is at least one resident non-Wreck troll who keeps morphing his =

identity,
making it harder to plonk him, but he's a just a lightweight maggot - =

no,
less than that - just a yeast infection on an otherwise healthy body, =

so
ignore him. You'll quickly get to recognise his posts.
=20
Welcome aboard, and I trust that the current spat won't discourage you =

from
learning from - and contributing to - the "Wreck"
=20
Cheers,
=20
Frank
=20
=20
"Puff Griffis" wrote in message
I know I am new to this NG but not to Usenet. I am so tired of =

this
****ing contest between different factions of this NG. Cant you =

fellows call
a truce or something ? Ignore each other ? Whatever it takes just =

please
drop it you are ruining a fine forum just to out do each other. Flame =

wars
are an apparent thriving cancer in all of Usenet but it does not have =

to be
this way. If everyone would just grow up and act their age then this =

forum
can return to a decent place to learn about wood working.
Puff
=20
=20
=20