Posted to rec.woodworking

Default MDF finishing advice

A thin coating of contact cement followed by another thin coating of veneer
hardwood would do it.

"DanG" wrote in message
I have tried many things to plug up the raw surface of routed or
worked MDF panels. The material is easy to work other than the
dust. It is the finishing that drives me nuts,

I have used:
drywall compound
acrylic wood filler
shellac
water based urethane
oil based urethane
latex paint
multiple coats of primer
55 coats of spray paint

I have yet to find a material or method that I consider fool
proof, easy, quick - I can't even say to pick any two.

Advice on method, material, and application would be appreciated.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

Posted to rec.woodworking

Josepi wrote:
"DanG" wrote in message
[...]

Or... one could simply go out and buy something more substantial than
termite **** and cardboard.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

The stuff is strong and real stable but damn heavy...too heavy

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
b.com...
Tough to beat if flat, stable, and low cost are part of your
requirements.

Lew

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

snips snipped