Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Video Demo of 'Godzilla' the Horizontal Mortiser

For this mortiser I used a lot of design aspects from Woodgears. The
main difference being the X,Y tables. Instead of drawer guides, I used
polished steel shafts and sintered bronze bushings. It slides around
great.

This was the most complicated jig I have ever made. It took me a
little over two weeks to build.

If you’d like to build your own, you can find plans at Woodgears for
sale. If you choose to use the polished steel shafts and bushings as I
did, there is a CAD drawing on my website.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

Comment welcomed.

Cheers,
Brian
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/11/10 6:54 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

right on. great job

..... I much prefer video. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 11, 8:12*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/11/10 6:54 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

right on. *great job

.... I much prefer video. *:-)

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Thanks Mike. I hope it stands the test of time!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/11/10 7:15 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:
On Oct 11, 8:12 pm, wrote:
On 10/11/10 6:54 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

right on. great job

.... I much prefer video. :-)

Thanks Mike. I hope it stands the test of time!

It should. It's not like it's VHS. :-p

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
For this mortiser I used a lot of design aspects from Woodgears. The
main difference being the X,Y tables. Instead of drawer guides, I used
polished steel shafts and sintered bronze bushings. It slides around
great.

This was the most complicated jig I have ever made. It took me a
little over two weeks to build.

If you’d like to build your own, you can find plans at Woodgears for
sale. If you choose to use the polished steel shafts and bushings as I
did, there is a CAD drawing on my website.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

Looks nice Brian. I loved the wood handle for your mortiser.

It looked like a wheelbarrow replacement handle I had to carve as a kid on
the farm. No fancy tools. My dad handed me a chunk of wood and a knife and
told me to carve it. I complained that knife was dull, He told me to sharpen
it. So I carved me a replacement wheelbarrow handle. Your cute little handle
brings back memories.

Do you make your own tenons?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 11, 9:21*pm, "Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast
dot net wrote:
[...]

Yes, I make them custom for each project. I wonder if it would be
worth buying the ones that are sold for the Domino?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 11, 5:54*pm, GarageWoodworks
wrote:
For this mortiser I used a lot of design aspects from Woodgears. The
main difference being the X,Y tables. Instead of drawer guides, I used
polished steel shafts and sintered bronze bushings. It slides around
great.

This was the most complicated jig I have ever made. It took me a
little over two weeks to build.

If you’d like to build your own, you can find plans at Woodgears for
sale. If you choose to use the polished steel shafts and bushings as I
did, there is a CAD drawing on my website.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

Comment welcomed.

WOO-HOO !!!!

What a blast -- both watching it, and seeing how smooth and functional
it is.

Why do I have the feeling that -- for about thirty five bucks worth of
parts, at Radio Shack -- you could remote-operate that, from your
living room ?

Verrry cool !
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Funny! I was thinking your could attach a motor to the Z-axis and add
a screw drive to the Y-axis (depth of cut). You could add motors to
each axis and write a program I suppose.?. :^)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Comment welcomed.

Very cool! I'm impressed, and envious.

One suggestion: you should get a "Tool Girl", like Tim had on "Home
Improvement".

-Zz

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 11, 7:54*pm, GarageWoodworks
wrote:
For this mortiser I used a lot of design aspects from Woodgears. The
main difference being the X,Y tables. Instead of drawer guides, I used
polished steel shafts and sintered bronze bushings. It slides around
great.

This was the most complicated jig I have ever made. It took me a
little over two weeks to build.

If you’d like to build your own, you can find plans at Woodgears for
sale. If you choose to use the polished steel shafts and bushings as I
did, there is a CAD drawing on my website.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

Comment welcomed.

Cheers,
Brian

You're having fun, ain'tcha? G Isn't this what this all about?
Those vids are getting more pro with each issue.
Will you remember us when a network picks you up?
Seriously, thanks for keeping us in the loop, very interesting stuff.

Keep it up!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
Comment welcomed.

Very cool! I'm impressed, and envious.

One suggestion: you should get a "Tool Girl", like Tim had on "Home
Improvement".

Is Pamela Anderson available?

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Thanks for the compliment! I needed that!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 13, 11:17*pm, Zz Yzx wrote:
Comment welcomed.

Very cool! *I'm impressed, and envious.

Thank you!

It really wasn't that difficult to build But because it had a lot of
parts, it took some time.

One suggestion: you should get a "Tool Girl", like Tim had on "Home
Improvement".

Now you're talking!

-Zz

Godzilla the Horizontal Mortiser GarageWoodworks Woodworking 7 October 10th 10 03:35 AM
To Brian, regarding Horizontal mortiser marc rosen Woodworking 7 September 28th 10 12:26 PM
Horizontal mortiser DIY GarageWoodworks Woodworking 7 September 28th 10 03:34 AM
hot dog demo Arthur 51 UK diy 13 June 5th 07 11:03 PM
Samsung projo Horizontal separated color lines lower half no video Ron Novini Electronics Repair 0 July 28th 05 03:13 PM