Posted to rec.woodworking
Garagewoodworks Garagewoodworks is offline

Default Video Demo of 'Godzilla' the Horizontal Mortiser

For this mortiser I used a lot of design aspects from Woodgears. The
main difference being the X,Y tables. Instead of drawer guides, I used
polished steel shafts and sintered bronze bushings. It slides around
great.

This was the most complicated jig I have ever made. It took me a
little over two weeks to build.

If you’d like to build your own, you can find plans at Woodgears for
sale. If you choose to use the polished steel shafts and bushings as I
did, there is a CAD drawing on my website.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

Comment welcomed.

Cheers,
Brian