Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Considering taking the Plunge on a Festool TS55 saw

Andrew Barss wrote:
There's a 10% off detail on this (expensive) saw, and I am seriously
tempted. Anyone have any reasons NOT to get one?

http://tinyurl.com/2fu5aeu

I have a good tablesaw,
but the ability to deal with sheet goods and natural-edge boards with the
Festool is REALLY appealing.
-- Andy Barss

--
Jack
Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jack Stein" wrote in message
Andrew Barss wrote:
There's a 10% off detail on this (expensive) saw, and I am seriously
tempted. Anyone have any reasons NOT to get one?

http://tinyurl.com/2fu5aeu

I have a good tablesaw,

Cut a 4x8 sheet of plywood in half from opposite corners on your TS. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"Jack Stein" wrote in message
Andrew Barss wrote:
There's a 10% off detail on this (expensive) saw, and I am seriously
tempted. Anyone have any reasons NOT to get one?

http://tinyurl.com/2fu5aeu

I have a good tablesaw,

Cut a 4x8 sheet of plywood in half from opposite corners on your TS. LOL

Your quote is off base.

Andy said this:

I have a good tablesaw,
but the ability to deal with sheet goods and natural-edge boards with
the Festool is REALLY appealing. --

I simply gave him a reason NOT to get one.... did you follow the link I
gave him? It simply shows a guy that has BOTH the Festool and the
Makita and he likes the Makita better.

--
Jack

http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 13:05:51 -0400, Jack Stein
wrote:
I simply gave him a reason NOT to get one.... did you follow the link I
gave him? It simply shows a guy that has BOTH the Festool and the
Makita and he likes the Makita better.

Kind of strange though if he's bought both those tools. Which brings
up the suggestion that his opinion might be open to question. Of
course, he'll never be as strange as you, but he's working on it.

And since your reply will tell me to go to hell or something else more
profane, I'll get my comments in first by stating that you're an
asshole of a Jackass.