Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Considering taking the Plunge on a Festool TS55 saw

On Jul 29, 1:55*pm, Andrew Barss wrote:
There's a 10% off detail on this (expensive) saw, and I am seriously
tempted. *Anyone have any reasons NOT to get one? *I have a good tablesaw,
but the ability to deal with sheet goods and natural-edge boards with the
Festool is REALLY appealing. *

I bought the TS-55, pretty much just to break down sheet goods for the
table saw. I didn't see any reason to go for the larger TS-75, though
the price difference is minimal (considering the cost of the 75" rail).