Posted to rec.woodworking

Default DeWalt "sawzall" recip saw

In 2001, I purchased a set of DeWalt 18v tools that included the typical
drill, light, "sawzall" (dunno what DeWalt calls them) and a couple other
battery tools.

Outside of the drill, the "sawzall" is probably the handiest and most used
of those tools. I use it frequently to trim palm fronds, cut up windfall
and have even been with a neighbor using it to cut up several old bookcases
so they could be hauled away. It's one of those tools that just keeps going
and going. Especially nice is the lever-action device that secures the
blade in the reciprocating head. One thing I felt that might benefit from
some design work was the swivel foot of the saw. It fastened to the body
with two Phillips screws and required a screwdriver to remove.

My neighbor admired and borrowed my "sawzall" enough that he recently
purchased one for himself. Yesterday, he came over to ask me what the
'button' was on the hand guard. I got my own saw out and sure enough, there
was no button. We looked at the two saws side-by-side and I finally
discovered what it was. DeWalt had installed a release button for the
swivel foot. When depressed you could remove the rod that held the foot.
One additional improvement was several notches in the rod, permitting
adjusting the foot out, away from the saw for depth control.

Nonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Nonnymus" wrote in message
[...]

I opted for the one that runs all day long with out recharging, it does
however have a long tail.

Posted to rec.woodworking
DT DT is offline

They must have changed it fairly quickly, mine from 2005 has the
adjustable foot. I agree it is an excellent tool.

--
DT