Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Why is it........?

allen476 wrote:

snipped

All of CH breakers are readily available. They have 2 types, one is
there residential/light commercial (They look like a Siemens,GE,Square
D Homeline breaker) and then the commercial/industrial division (They
have a reddish beige handle and look like a Square D QO series breaker
on the bottom).

I needed to run a new line into an old Cutler Hammer breaker box.
Neither the CH residential not the commercial breaker would fit. Went
to an electrical supply house with the proper breaker in hand. They
were unable to match it. The required breaker was manufacturer
discontinued. They told me I had three options:

1. See if I could find one at a building material salvage outlet
2. Replace the breaker panel
3. ....

I ended up modifying a panel slot to take a new type breaker.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/30/2010 2:17 PM, Josepi wrote:
Is it just all Mikes?

You may be on to something there ... neither of them suffer fools gladly.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-05-30 01:07:57 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
said:

Third - **** your "chucklehead neighbor" stuff. Fine - you're one of
the "experts" here (though, that is no evidence from your posts), and
now anyone who is lesser than you is a "chucklehead all thumbs
neighbor"?

Hey, knucklehead -- I never called myself an expert. I have, however,
worked retail, and I appreciate the problems of a sales-floor employee
tasked with appearing knowledgeable. When I didn't know something, I
admitted it and tried to find someone to really offer help.

My concern wasn't for the customer who really does know it all. I was
struck with the wrec poster's story of offering help to correct the
errors the store's electrical "expert" foisted on another customer.
This was my point: if the store promises to help its customers, than
the store has a duty to do just that and to ensure that help is both
safe and sane.

And I don't care one whit about you. You can apprehend no better than
you accuse me -- in fact, rather less. Go stick your finger in a light
socket.

Posted to rec.woodworking

You have to love these trolling guys. They rant on about the same thing they
are doing with their own BS rants...LOL

What a hoot!

Pepetual pot, kettle, black.

"Who you calling idiot, idiot?"