HerHusband

Default Ridgid TS2400LS Tablesaw. Opinions?

I'm curious if anyone here has used the Ridgid TS2400LS tablesaw?

The April 2004 issue of Workbench magazine rates it as the editors choice
for jobsite tablesaws, and it "seems" to fit well with my needs. But, I
cannot find much information about it online. I only found one review which
was also positive, but I would like to hear some first hand reports from
people who actually own the saw.

And no, I have not had the opportunity to visit the local Home Depot and
check it out myself yet...

Thanks,

Anthony
js

i dont own one, but here is a link to pics, specs, etc that you may find
handy.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/TS2400LS-Table-Saw/

"HerHusband" wrote in message
I'm curious if anyone here has used the Ridgid TS2400LS tablesaw?

The April 2004 issue of Workbench magazine rates it as the editors choice
for jobsite tablesaws, and it "seems" to fit well with my needs. But, I
cannot find much information about it online. I only found one review

which
was also positive, but I would like to hear some first hand reports from
people who actually own the saw.

And no, I have not had the opportunity to visit the local Home Depot and
check it out myself yet...

Thanks,

Anthony

Philip E. Davis

"HerHusband" wrote in message
I'm curious if anyone here has used the Ridgid TS2400LS tablesaw?

The April 2004 issue of Workbench magazine rates it as the editors choice
for jobsite tablesaws, and it "seems" to fit well with my needs. But, I
cannot find much information about it online. I only found one review

which
was also positive, but I would like to hear some first hand reports from
people who actually own the saw.

And no, I have not had the opportunity to visit the local Home Depot and
check it out myself yet...

Thanks,

Anthony

I have an older (Emerson built) saw that I like, but I'm still ****ed that
Emerson skipped the anti-corrosion coatings on every steel part down
to the 10¢ springs... Here is South Florida the humidity is high
and rust started appearing within a couple of months. I took
it apart and cleaned it up and keep the parts coated with a dry
a coating. Once I tuned up the saw and made a zero clearance
insert it has worked very well.

I have looked over the new (Ryobi built) saw and there have
been many improvements including rust prevention, a blade
height lock and a better miter gauge slot ("t" type). I'm not sure
it would really last on a job site but for my hobbyist uses it
works great. And that new, sexy orange is hard to resist! If I
thought I wouldn't get killed trying to sell my older saw I'd buy
the new one to replace it. I can move it around myself, it stores
easily and compactly. If you really don't need a portable saw I
would go for a heavier version with the bigger table though.

Hope this helps...

Phil

Cordless drills Alan Woodworking 33 November 21st 03 07:12 PM
The New Ridgid power tool Warranty Leon Woodworking 0 November 3rd 03 07:27 PM