Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ANZAC Day 2010

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

(from For the Fallen, by Laurence Binyon)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/25/2010 2:52 AM, Morris Dovey wrote:

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

(from For the Fallen, by Laurence Binyon)

There was some discussion of making "ANZAC biscuits" (apparently a
traditional form of celebration in Australia and New Zealand) on
rec.food.cooking earlier this week. I gave them a shot, but they went
over so well that they didn't last to the day. Very easy to make, the
instructions at http://www.anzacbiscuit.net/anzac-biscuit-recipe.html
are clear. I'll be making more today. I was surprised to find English
"golden syrup" on the shelf next to the Karo at the local Stop & Shop,
and everything else I already had on hand.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/25/2010 1:52 AM, Morris Dovey wrote:

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

(from For the Fallen, by Laurence Binyon)

Thanks! Brought back memories of my days in Australia/New Zealand. This
was a big day of celebration, with lots of Naval ships involved in most
of the ports of both countries.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

jan 31 2010 kavinn .g UK diy 0 January 31st 10 03:43 AM
New Year 2010 Claire Towny[_2_] UK diy 75 January 8th 10 07:22 PM
OT ANZAC Day Mekon[_2_] Woodworking 4 April 26th 08 06:23 PM
ANZAC Day Tours [email protected] UK diy 0 December 23rd 05 09:07 PM