Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shelf Pin Grommets/Sleeves/Inserts

Anyone know where to buy the kind of grommets that are for a 5mm shelf
rest but do not have a flange. I've seen these before and they are
just tubes with a bit of a knurled surface on the outside to give them
some bite. Can't find them, though.

Tom Watson
Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm having trouble inserting a link, but widgetco.com has some brass
flangeless sleeves. Doesn't look as though they have knurled outer
surfaces. 5mm inside diameter, 8mm outside diameter and I can't tell
how long they are... 10mm to 12mm?

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 24, 7:15*am, tom watson wrote:
Anyone know where to buy the kind of grommets that are for a 5mm shelf
rest but do not have a flange. *I've seen these before and they are
just tubes with a bit of a knurled surface on the outside to give them
some bite. *Can't find them, though.

Tom Watson

Tom,
I found some sleeves that may do the job for you in Rocklers catalog.
They support 5mm shelf pins. Their item numbers are 30692,22880,22963
and 22971 depending on the finish (brass, antique brass, nickel or
black). Seem to come in packs of 16 for $3.29.
Joe G

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks, Pat.

tom watson wrote:
Anyone know where to buy the kind of grommets that are for a 5mm shelf
rest but do not have a flange. I've seen these before and they are
just tubes with a bit of a knurled surface on the outside to give them
some bite. Can't find them, though.

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Grommets as drain holes in canvas awning? Square Peg Home Repair 36 May 7th 18 12:37 AM
grommets for elec cct backing boxes jim UK diy 4 August 7th 09 01:56 PM
15mm grommets? wallace UK diy 9 April 23rd 07 01:21 AM
source for Grommets Osprey UK diy 11 September 17th 06 11:00 PM
Are there blank inserts WITH HOLES for the modular inserts? miamicuse Home Repair 3 October 3rd 05 05:18 PM