DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Shelf Pin Grommets/Sleeves/Inserts (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/302024-shelf-pin-grommets-sleeves-inserts.html)

Tom Watson April 24th 10 12:15 PM

Shelf Pin Grommets/Sleeves/Inserts

Anyone know where to buy the kind of grommets that are for a 5mm shelf
rest but do not have a flange. I've seen these before and they are
just tubes with a bit of a knurled surface on the outside to give them
some bite. Can't find them, though.

Tom Watson

Sonny April 24th 10 01:36 PM

Shelf Pin Grommets/Sleeves/Inserts

I'm having trouble inserting a link, but widgetco.com has some brass
flangeless sleeves. Doesn't look as though they have knurled outer
surfaces. 5mm inside diameter, 8mm outside diameter and I can't tell
how long they are... 10mm to 12mm?

Sonny

GROVER April 24th 10 06:00 PM

On Apr 24, 7:15*am, tom watson wrote:
Anyone know where to buy the kind of grommets that are for a 5mm shelf
rest but do not have a flange. *I've seen these before and they are
just tubes with a bit of a knurled surface on the outside to give them
some bite. *Can't find them, though.

Tom Watson

Tom,
I found some sleeves that may do the job for you in Rocklers catalog.
They support 5mm shelf pins. Their item numbers are 30692,22880,22963
and 22971 depending on the finish (brass, antique brass, nickel or
black). Seem to come in packs of 16 for $3.29.
Joe G

Tom Watson April 27th 10 01:12 AM

Shelf Pin Grommets/Sleeves/Inserts

Thanks, Pat.