RB

Default Makita 6916

After seeing a posting here a while back I bought a Makita 6916 impact
driver/drill. This thing is great as a screw driver. It is one of the
best that I've used. I'd like a bit more control at the slower speeds
but can get used to it as it is.

RB

Bay Area Dave

I also have one and LOVE it. I've got 2 Makita driver
drills, plus the 6916 impact driver. Guess which one I most
often reach for? Love the light weight, coupled with
extreme power. I haven't had too much trouble dealing with
control, although the first couple of times I squeezed the
trigger I thought it would "get away from me".

dave

RB wrote:

After seeing a posting here a while back I bought a Makita 6916 impact
driver/drill. This thing is great as a screw driver. It is one of the
best that I've used. I'd like a bit more control at the slower speeds
but can get used to it as it is.

RB

RKON

Interesting that you brought this up. I have a Pansonic that I love but it
just doesn't cut it when it comes do driving a 2 1/2 inch screw. I have been
looking at the Makita for an upcoming project and I heard the same comments.
I also have looked at the big brother of the 6916.
http://coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftC...d+10812508 16

What has been your experiences in drving 2 1/2 " - 3 1/2 inch screws?

Rich

"RB" wrote in message ...
After seeing a posting here a while back I bought a Makita 6916 impact
driver/drill. This thing is great as a screw driver. It is one of the
best that I've used. I'd like a bit more control at the slower speeds
but can get used to it as it is.

RB

Bay Area Dave

the Makita can EASILY sink a 3 1/2" screw. It has over 800
inch lbs of torque. I've used it many times for long
screws. You gotta try it to believe it.

dave

"RB" wrote in message ...

After seeing a posting here a while back I bought a Makita 6916 impact
driver/drill. This thing is great as a screw driver. It is one of the
best that I've used. I'd like a bit more control at the slower speeds
but can get used to it as it is.

RB

Tom Kendrick

I just ordered the 6932 from Coastal. From reading elsewhere, I
understand that there is risk of twisting off the screw head with
these Makita units.
I tried the Hitachi 12V impact driver with the 1.2AH nicads at 780"#.
The power was adequate but the batteries gave out too early driving
2.5" screws into a dry 6x6. Definitely want the 2.6AH NiMH units.
Tom

Bay Area Dave wrote in message .com...
the Makita can EASILY sink a 3 1/2" screw. It has over 800
inch lbs of torque. I've used it many times for long
screws. You gotta try it to believe it.

dave

P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº

"Tom Kendrick" wrote in message
m...
I just ordered the 6932 from Coastal. From reading elsewhere, I
understand that there is risk of twisting off the screw head with
these Makita units.

They are very powerfull & capable of doing that only if the operator is
incapable of getting the hang of it....I do not consider that a risk really
if the first time you use it you do about a dozen test runs, like any new
power tools, take the time to learn how to use it before getting on with the
job....5 mins at the most.

Jon~

P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
om...
I have the 6916 and haven't twisted the heads off of screws.
You'll get a feel for using it very quickly unless you
are a klutz.

dave

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Or you could answer the post in this way & start yet another flame war.....
Yes, I see the

Jon~

Tom Kendrick wrote:

I just ordered the 6932 from Coastal. From reading elsewhere, I
understand that there is risk of twisting off the screw head with
these Makita units.
I tried the Hitachi 12V impact driver with the 1.2AH nicads at 780"#.
The power was adequate but the batteries gave out too early driving
2.5" screws into a dry 6x6. Definitely want the 2.6AH NiMH units.
Tom

Bay Area Dave

a flame war? Not from MY post, PTM...

I didn't call ANYONE a klutz, btw. it was just a figure of
speech. SOME people are SO touchy.

dave

dave

Tom Kendrick wrote:

I just ordered the 6932 from Coastal. From reading elsewhere, I
understand that there is risk of twisting off the screw head with
these Makita units.
I tried the Hitachi 12V impact driver with the 1.2AH nicads at 780"#.
The power was adequate but the batteries gave out too early driving
2.5" screws into a dry 6x6. Definitely want the 2.6AH NiMH units.
Tom

P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
. com...
a flame war? Not from MY post, PTM...

I didn't call ANYONE a klutz, btw. it was just a figure of
speech. SOME people are SO touchy.

dave

Exactly my point....I had the smiley face too....do you see how easy they
can get started?

LOL

Jon~

Bay Area Dave

I wasn't refering to you. "Some people" was a general
statement.

heck, the pilot light isn't even on...

dave