Bay Area Dave

Default Makita 6916

the Makita can EASILY sink a 3 1/2" screw. It has over 800
inch lbs of torque. I've used it many times for long
screws. You gotta try it to believe it.

dave

RKON wrote:

Interesting that you brought this up. I have a Pansonic that I love but it
just doesn't cut it when it comes do driving a 2 1/2 inch screw. I have been
looking at the Makita for an upcoming project and I heard the same comments.
I also have looked at the big brother of the 6916.
http://coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftC...d+10812508 16

What has been your experiences in drving 2 1/2 " - 3 1/2 inch screws?

Rich

"RB" wrote in message ...

After seeing a posting here a while back I bought a Makita 6916 impact
driver/drill. This thing is great as a screw driver. It is one of the
best that I've used. I'd like a bit more control at the slower speeds
but can get used to it as it is.

RB