Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Triumph Rocket III - manufacture & testing

Monty P. would be proud of this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc

Yes, it is on topic. Note the trees in the background.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 12, 2:10*pm, "Artemus" wrote:
Monty P. would be proud of this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc

Yes, it is on topic. *Note the trees in the background.
Art

Thanks. I love Triumph. You know that God rode a Triumph with open
pipes "His Triumph could be heard throughout the land."

Proud (past) owner of a 1973 Bonneville 750 and a 1958 chopped pre-
unit 500.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-04-12, Artemus wrote:
Monty P. would be proud of this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc

Hilarious! ...but that bike will never live up to its late 60s
forebears. The legendary BSA/Triumph X75 Hurricane, a Rocket III
variant, may be the coolest looking British motorcycle ever built.
In comparison, the new Triumphs look more like rocks than rockets.

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...rrican%204.jpg

.....and yes, with motorcycles, looks count!

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-04-12, Artemus wrote:
Monty P. would be proud of this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc

Hilarious! ...but that bike will never live up to its late 60s
forebears. The legendary BSA/Triumph X75 Hurricane, a Rocket III
variant, may be the coolest looking British motorcycle ever built.
In comparison, the new Triumphs look more like rocks than rockets.

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...rrican%204.jpg

....and yes, with motorcycles, looks count!

nb

The new one's will probably rust out a lot faster too as they're
probably not leaking oil all over everything like the old one's did.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-04-12, Artemus wrote:

The new one's will probably rust out a lot faster too as they're
probably not leaking oil all over everything like the old one's did.

heh heh....

They weren't leaking oil ...they were marking their spot.

nb

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/12/10 5:10 PM, "Artemus" wrote:

Monty P. would be proud of this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc

Thanks. That is a hoot. The "argument Juice" segment is great all by itself.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-04-12, Artemus wrote:

The new one's will probably rust out a lot faster too as they're
probably not leaking oil all over everything like the old one's did.

heh heh....

They weren't leaking oil ...they were marking their spot. *

nb

That reminds me of a saying I read in a biker rag many years ago (I
may not be quoting it 100%);
"Hondas use oil in their engines. Harleys use oil on your left leg.
Triumphs use oil in a puddle underneath where you park it. BSA's use
oil in a widening stripe that follows the bike where ever it goes.

Marc
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-04-12, Artemus wrote:

The new one's will probably rust out a lot faster too as they're
probably not leaking oil all over everything like the old one's did.

heh heh....

They weren't leaking oil ...they were marking their spot. *

nb

That reminds me of a saying I read in a biker rag many years ago (I
may not be quoting it 100%);
"Hondas use oil in their engines. *Harleys use oil on your left leg.
Triumphs use oil in a puddle underneath where you park it. *BSA's use
oil in a widening stripe that follows the bike where ever it goes.

Marc

One of the heartiest laughs of my life came when a friend of mine, was
trying to convince a friend of ours (after a few pints), that the
reason BSA was called BSA was because where and how they were made. He
claimed they were made in a small area of the UK, by people of short
enough stature so that they could work on the bikes while standing up
beside them. The workforce took advantage of the area's preponderance
of people with short limbs, making them very good at wiring and
fitting the bikes during assembly. That was the reason the factory was
called the Birmingham Small Arms Company.... you had to be there...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:42:32 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On 2010-04-12, Artemus wrote:

[...]

Har! I got a good laugh out of that just hearing about it. I can
imagine how much better it was on-scene.

--
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace
will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-04-12, Artemus wrote:

[...]

Especially the thoroughly dead-pan/serious delivery... till the punch-
line.

I like to tell a story about The William & Bradley Tates Brass Casting
Company. Makers of marine hardware. They even ventured into the
manufacturing of ships' compasses. They didn't work very well, hence
the phrase: "He who has a Tates, is lost."
(You can flesh that story out to a long spun-out tale with mixed
results, mostly groans. The ultimate compliment is if you can make
somebody clutch their stomach in agony, or clear an entire room.)

Then there is the story about Justice Samuel Schwartz who lifted his
robe to show his willy to a passing schoollbus. They couldn't arrest
him because you just can't book a judge by his cover.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/RIMSHOT.jpg

I'll be here all week.

Try the veal.

Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve Turner" wrote in message

In Cleveland

Claude Cooper used to work there... until the incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVkZZsS-66c

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 10:40:35 -0700, the infamous "CW"
scrawled the following:

"Steve Turner" wrote in message

In Cleveland

Claude Cooper used to work there... until the incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVkZZsS-66c

See you and raise you one?

http://www.wimp.com/budgetcuts/

--
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace
will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will
blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn.
-- John Muir
Posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message

Thanks. I love Triumph. You know that God rode a Triumph with open
pipes "His Triumph could be heard throughout the land."

Aha, so that's where the world's oil deposits came from.

Triumph Rocket III - manufacture & testing Artemus[_4_] Metalworking 3 April 13th 10 10:57 PM
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ Tom Watson Woodworking 0 May 20th 08 03:01 AM
OT - Rice Rocket DIY J T Woodworking 11 December 8th 06 08:30 PM
Triumph motorcycles to buy Norton? [email protected] Metalworking 0 April 25th 06 05:05 PM
Laws requiring portable appliance testing and electrical installation testing if any? Z UK diy 9 June 14th 04 11:00 AM