Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Triumph Rocket III - manufacture & testing

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:42:32 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On 2010-04-12, Artemus wrote:

The new one's will probably rust out a lot faster too as they're
probably not leaking oil all over everything like the old one's did.

heh heh....

They weren't leaking oil ...they were marking their spot. *

nb

That reminds me of a saying I read in a biker rag many years ago (I
may not be quoting it 100%);
"Hondas use oil in their engines. *Harleys use oil on your left leg.
Triumphs use oil in a puddle underneath where you park it. *BSA's use
oil in a widening stripe that follows the bike where ever it goes.

Marc

One of the heartiest laughs of my life came when a friend of mine, was
trying to convince a friend of ours (after a few pints), that the
reason BSA was called BSA was because where and how they were made. He
claimed they were made in a small area of the UK, by people of short
enough stature so that they could work on the bikes while standing up
beside them. The workforce took advantage of the area's preponderance
of people with short limbs, making them very good at wiring and
fitting the bikes during assembly. That was the reason the factory was
called the Birmingham Small Arms Company.... you had to be there...

Har! I got a good laugh out of that just hearing about it. I can
imagine how much better it was on-scene.

--
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace
will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will