Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta 10" Radial arm saw

Have a Rockwell delta , When the saw head is moved back and forth to
cross cut it feels rough, I checked the bearrings and they seem fine
and the 2 tracks that they ride in are smooth and clean.

Any ideas would behelpful Thank You in advance

Posted to rec.woodworking

audiowood wrote:
Have a Rockwell delta , When the saw head is moved back and forth to
cross cut it feels rough, I checked the bearrings and they seem fine
and the 2 tracks that they ride in are smooth and clean.

Any ideas would behelpful Thank You in advance

The tension of the rollers on the tracks should be just enough to
provide a slight resistance when pulling the motor without any side to
side motion. It should ride very smoothly. The rollers have an off
centered mounting hole to allow for the tension adjustment. If there is
no side to side play, the rollers may be adjusted too tight. If there
is any side to side motion, the rollers are too loose. make sure the
rollers are turning and not sliding when you pull the motor along the arm.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:26:50 -0700 (PDT), audiowood
wrote:

Have a Rockwell delta , When the saw head is moved back and forth to
cross cut it feels rough, I checked the bearings and they seem fine
and the 2 tracks that they ride in are smooth and clean.

Does it feel rough when sliding the saw head, but not cutting wood or
is it just rough when cutting the wood?