Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Hello

"Hello", the seat of my pants announced to me this afternoon it's
"Shake, Rattle & Roll" time here in SoCal.

Everything appears to still be standing, at least until further notice
otherwise.

Time to go back to collecting ZZZZ's.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 4, 6:32*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Hello", the seat of my pants announced to me this afternoon it's
"Shake, Rattle & Roll" time here in SoCal.

Everything appears to still be standing, at least until further notice
otherwise.

Time to go back to collecting ZZZZ's.

Lew

Keep it under control Lew. Don't need any more disasters.

We're counting on you!

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 16:52:36 -0700 (PDT), RonB wrote:

On Apr 4, 6:32*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Hello", the seat of my pants announced to me this afternoon it's
"Shake, Rattle & Roll" time here in SoCal.

Everything appears to still be standing, at least until further notice
otherwise.

Time to go back to collecting ZZZZ's.

Lew

Keep it under control Lew. Don't need any more disasters.

We're counting on you!

5.4 and 7.2 now, according to the USGS.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/115-33.html

....and you don't even have to pay extra for the ride.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 4, 6:32Â*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Hello", the seat of my pants announced to me this afternoon it's
"Shake, Rattle & Roll" time here in SoCal.

Everything appears to still be standing, at least until further notice
otherwise.

Time to go back to collecting ZZZZ's.

Lew

Keep it under control Lew. Don't need any more disasters.

We're counting on you!

5.4 and 7.2 now, according to the USGS.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/115-33.html

...and you don't even have to pay extra for the ride.

Given California's current state budget situation, I'm sure they are
trying to figure out a way to tax earthquakes as an entertainment tax.

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 16:32:51 -0700, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

"Hello", the seat of my pants announced to me this afternoon it's
"Shake, Rattle & Roll" time here in SoCal.

You felt it all the way up there, didja?
Everything appears to still be standing, at least until further notice
otherwise.

Time to go back to collecting ZZZZ's.

My buddy in Olivenhain sent an email that said they felt a 6.9. We
looked it up and it was a 7.2 which spoke Spanish.

http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm
One look at the map lets you know it wasn't business as usual.

--
In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are
needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 18:34:14 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone
scrawled the following:

In article , Lew Hodgett
wrote:

It's been upgraded to 7.1.

Big one... You looking forward to when everything east of the San
Andreas falls into the Atlantic?

Don't laugh. You're on the wet side, too, Dave.

--
In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are
needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And
they must have a sense of success in it.
-- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 16:52:36 -0700 (PDT), RonB wrote:

On Apr 4, 6:32Â pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Hello", the seat of my pants announced to me this afternoon it's
"Shake, Rattle & Roll" time here in SoCal.

Everything appears to still be standing, at least until further notice
otherwise.

Time to go back to collecting ZZZZ's.

Lew
Keep it under control Lew. Don't need any more disasters.

We're counting on you!

5.4 and 7.2 now, according to the USGS.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/115-33.html

...and you don't even have to pay extra for the ride.

Given California's current state budget situation, I'm sure they are
trying to figure out a way to tax earthquakes as an entertainment tax.

We felt a nice gentle lateral "roll" ere in Case Grande, AZ.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 16:32:51 -0700, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

"Hello", the seat of my pants announced to me this afternoon it's
"Shake, Rattle & Roll" time here in SoCal.

Everything appears to still be standing, at least until further notice
otherwise.

Time to go back to collecting ZZZZ's.

Lew

It was measured at 7.2 and centered about 28 miles away from the Calif/Mexico
border..
It was pretty bad here in Baja.. Calexico CA and Mexicali MX got hammered..
buildings flattened, streets crumbled, etc..
No power in either place and the border is closed..

We're 100 miles South and we had things coming off of shelves and such.. Scary
but not bad..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

"Hello", the seat of my pants announced to me this afternoon it's
"Shake, Rattle & Roll" time here in SoCal.

Everything appears to still be standing, at least until further notice
otherwise.

Time to go back to collecting ZZZZ's.

Lew

It was measured at 7.2 and centered about 28 miles away from the
Calif/Mexico
border..
It was pretty bad here in Baja.. Calexico CA and Mexicali MX got
hammered..
buildings flattened, streets crumbled, etc..
No power in either place and the border is closed..

We're 100 miles South and we had things coming off of shelves and such..
Scary
but not bad..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Good that you're OK, that's all that counts. Sounds like you got one of
Charlie B's creations Super Sized.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote

It was measured at 7.2 and centered about 28 miles away from the
Calif/Mexico
border..
It was pretty bad here in Baja.. Calexico CA and Mexicali MX got
hammered..
buildings flattened, streets crumbled, etc..
No power in either place and the border is closed..

We're 100 miles South and we had things coming off of shelves and such..
Scary
but not bad..

How well does the type of construction used in your house hold up to
earthquakes?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hello

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
"Hello", the seat of my pants announced to me this afternoon it's "Shake,
Rattle & Roll" time here in SoCal.

Everything appears to still be standing, at least until further notice
otherwise.

Time to go back to collecting ZZZZ's.

Lew

From the USA home land security division,

Dear Sir,

Please forgive us. Our earth quake machine misfired again. We'll get NASA
to help us fix the problem if we can tear them away from Toyota. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

On Apr 4, 6:32Â pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Hello", the seat of my pants announced to me this afternoon it's
"Shake, Rattle & Roll" time here in SoCal.

Everything appears to still be standing, at least until further notice
otherwise.

Time to go back to collecting ZZZZ's.

Lew

Keep it under control Lew. Don't need any more disasters.

We're counting on you!

5.4 and 7.2 now, according to the USGS.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/115-33.html

...and you don't even have to pay extra for the ride.

Given California's current state budget situation, I'm sure they are
trying to figure out a way to tax earthquakes as an entertainment tax.

And probably half the population will think that would be reasonable,
compaired to some of the things that they have voted for and gotten in the
past. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

It's been upgraded to 7.1.

Big one... You looking forward to when everything east of the San
Andreas falls into the Atlantic?

Don't laugh. You're on the wet side, too, Dave.

Hey, From Texas I can not see the California coast this morning!!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 07:50:00 -0500, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

.. .

wrote:

It's been upgraded to 7.1.

Big one... You looking forward to when everything east of the San
Andreas falls into the Atlantic?

Don't laugh. You're on the wet side, too, Dave.

Hey, From Texas I can not see the California coast this morning!!!!

Climb to the top of your massive bedroom tower and I'll bet you can,
even from inside the house.

--
In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are
needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And
they must have a sense of success in it.
-- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 07:44:53 -0500, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
. ..
"Hello", the seat of my pants announced to me this afternoon it's "Shake,
Rattle & Roll" time here in SoCal.

Everything appears to still be standing, at least until further notice
otherwise.

Time to go back to collecting ZZZZ's.

Lew

From the USA home land security division,

Dear Sir,

Please forgive us. Our earth quake machine misfired again. We'll get NASA
to help us fix the problem if we can tear them away from Toyota. ;~)

Immediately sent to my buddies in LoCal.