Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lee Valley new product

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=65357&c=1

Not one of their best, IMHO.
But you can actually order it this year.
--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 1, 9:00*am, FrozenNorth
wrote:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=65357&c=1

Not one of their best, IMHO.
But you can actually order it this year.
--
Froz...

This actually seems useful. Seriously.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 1, 9:00*am, FrozenNorth
wrote:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=65357&c=1

Not one of their best, IMHO.
But you can actually order it this year.
--
Froz...

Too bad they don't have a left handed version.

Marc
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Apr 1, 9:00 am, FrozenNorth
wrote:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=65357&c=1

Not one of their best, IMHO.
But you can actually order it this year.
--
Froz...

This actually seems useful. Seriously.

It's a hoot that they have it in metric and cubits as well as imperial,

It would be good for quickly marking up interesting things in
antique and junk stores.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

"basilisk" wrote

This actually seems useful. Seriously.

It's a hoot that they have it in metric and cubits as well as imperial,

Cubits?? In case you want to build a pyramid? LOL

It would be good for quickly marking up interesting things in
antique and junk stores.

What? They get upset when you bring in big sticks to measure their
merchandise? LOL

As long as it was wide enough to write on, it would definitely be a product
that could be used. A "story stick in the pocket". Maybe we should all
write Rob Lee and let him know that this joke may be on him. He
inadvertantly created a useful product here. It had to happen eventually.
These guys got the whole tool making thing down to a science. Even when
funnin' us, they are tool makers. Must be a nice life.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:
"basilisk" wrote

This actually seems useful. Seriously.

It's a hoot that they have it in metric and cubits as well as imperial,

Cubits?? In case you want to build a pyramid? LOL

It would be good for quickly marking up interesting things in
antique and junk stores.

What? They get upset when you bring in big sticks to measure their
merchandise? LOL

As long as it was wide enough to write on, it would definitely be a

product
that could be used. A "story stick in the pocket". Maybe we should all
write Rob Lee and let him know that this joke may be on him. He
inadvertantly created a useful product here. It had to happen eventually.
These guys got the whole tool making thing down to a science. Even when
funnin' us, they are tool makers. Must be a nice life.

"Is that a story stick in your pocket, or are you just
happy to see me?"

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 04/01/2010 07:17 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On Apr 1, 9:00 am, FrozenNorth
wrote:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=65357&c=1

Not one of their best, IMHO.
But you can actually order it this year.
--
Froz...

This actually seems useful. Seriously.

FastCap has made something sort of similar for quite a while.
Measurements on one side, blank area on the other.

http://www.amazon.com/FastCap-PSSP25.../dp/B0001GUE2W

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

el...
wrote:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=65357&c=1

Not one of their best, IMHO.
But you can actually order it this year.
--
Froz...

This actually seems useful. Seriously.

FastCap has made something sort of similar for quite a while.
Measurements on one side, blank area on the other.

http://www.amazon.com/FastCap-PSSP25.../dp/B0001GUE2W

Hey, it has a built in pencil sharpener!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=65357&c=1

Not one of their best, IMHO.
But you can actually order it this year.

Somewhere they have a section of previous April Fool's Day items that is
hilarious, somebody had fun building those things.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/1/10 8:00 AM, FrozenNorth wrote:

But you can actually order it this year.

Probably because they realized it's actually a good idea.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"marc rosen" wrote in message
On Apr 1, 9:00 am, FrozenNorth
wrote:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=65357&c=1

Not one of their best, IMHO.
But you can actually order it this year.
--
Froz...

Too bad they don't have a left handed version.
Marc

They just forgot to list it. It's part number 99W78.50.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

FrozenNorth wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=65357&c=1

Not one of their best, IMHO.
But you can actually order it this year.

Cool! I've been looking for something in cubits for years! :-)

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:020420100008137144%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
In article , Mark &
Juanita wrote:

FrozenNorth wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=65357&c=1

Not one of their best, IMHO.
But you can actually order it this year.

Cool! I've been looking for something in cubits for years! :-)

I measure my fuel consumption in hogsheads per cubit, and that's the
way I like it!

cph

bas

Posted to rec.woodworking

Juanita wrote:

FrozenNorth wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=65357&c=1

Not one of their best, IMHO.
But you can actually order it this year.

Cool! I've been looking for something in cubits for years! :-)

I measure my fuel consumption in hogsheads per cubit, and that's the
way I like it!

cph

bas

My truck gets 3326400 cph, that sounds really good.

bas

Posted to rec.woodworking

No, here in Canuckistan we're metric...

Litres/100 km

so volume/distance rather than distance/volume...

I read that our Abram's tank gets 6 gpm.

-Zz

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/2/2010 10:19 AM, Zz Yzx wrote:
No, here in Canuckistan we're metric...

Litres/100 km

so volume/distance rather than distance/volume...

I read that our Abram's tank gets 6 gpm.

Cool site ... now the next time there's a 10,000 barrel oil spill the
media has no excuse for not using a much more shocking number than
"gallons", instead of the "barrels" that oil is sold by ...

They can now say 422,400,000 teaspoons.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 2, 11:31*am, Swingman wrote:
On 4/2/2010 10:19 AM, Zz Yzx wrote:

No, here in Canuckistan we're metric...

Litres/100 km

so volume/distance rather than distance/volume...

I read that our Abram's tank gets 6 gpm.

Cool site ... now the next time there's a 10,000 barrel oil spill the
media has no excuse for not using a much more shocking number than
"gallons", instead of the "barrels" that oil is sold by ...

They can now say 422,400,000 teaspoons.

At some point it becomes like Obama's deficit. People's eyes glaze
over at $1,500,000,000,000.
A hundred billion here, a hundred billion there, and pretty soon
you're talking about real money (Everett Dirksen, updated).

Posted to rec.woodworking

" writes:
On Apr 2, 11:31=A0am, Swingman wrote:
On 4/2/2010 10:19 AM, Zz Yzx wrote:

No, here in Canuckistan we're metric...

Litres/100 km

so volume/distance rather than distance/volume...

I read that our Abram's tank gets 6 gpm.

Cool site ... now the next time there's a 10,000 barrel oil spill the
media has no excuse for not using a much more shocking number than
"gallons", instead of the "barrels" that oil is sold by ...

They can now say 422,400,000 teaspoons.

At some point it becomes like Obama's deficit. People's eyes glaze
over at $1,500,000,000,000.
A hundred billion here, a hundred billion there, and pretty soon
you're talking about real money (Everett Dirksen, updated).

Surely that would be Bush's deficit, since he doubled it with
two unnecessary wars, foolish tax cuts on the wealthy,
and the initial wall street bailout.

scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:010420101317478244%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...

Just enter "AFD" in the item search box.

Aha! Thanks! The photo of the guy with the pouchless tool belt always
cracks me up.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:020420100850577632%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...

Juanita wrote:

FrozenNorth wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=65357&c=1

Not one of their best, IMHO.
But you can actually order it this year.

Cool! I've been looking for something in cubits for years! :-)

I measure my fuel consumption in hogsheads per cubit, and that's the
way I like it!

cph

No, here in Canuckistan we're metric...

Litres/100 km

so volume/distance rather than distance/volume..

Seems to me that the two systems, imperial and metric, measure different
things.
Miles per gallon is a measure of fuel/car/engine efficiency whereas L/100 km
is a measure of fuel consumption.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Scott Lurndal wrote:

" writes:
On Apr 2, 11:31=A0am, Swingman wrote:
On 4/2/2010 10:19 AM, Zz Yzx wrote:

No, here in Canuckistan we're metric...

Litres/100 km

so volume/distance rather than distance/volume...

I read that our Abram's tank gets 6 gpm.

Cool site ... now the next time there's a 10,000 barrel oil spill the
media has no excuse for not using a much more shocking number than
"gallons", instead of the "barrels" that oil is sold by ...

They can now say 422,400,000 teaspoons.

At some point it becomes like Obama's deficit. People's eyes glaze
over at $1,500,000,000,000.
A hundred billion here, a hundred billion there, and pretty soon
you're talking about real money (Everett Dirksen, updated).

Surely that would be Bush's deficit, since he doubled it with
two unnecessary wars, foolish tax cuts on the wealthy,
and the initial wall street bailout.

Unneccesary Wall Street bailout was passed by a Democrat congress at the
behest of the Democrat Presidential candidate.

Bush's deficit over his entire 8 years did not add up to what Hopey Changy
had rung up in a little over 1 year.

scott

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

And just where does furlongs/fortnight fit into all this?

Lew

THAT unit came from an "SAT" question (i.e. Mad Magazine's "Stupid
Apptitude Test).

-Zz

Is this the Lee Valley April Fools Tool/Product? Lee Michaels Woodworking 15 April 6th 07 06:29 PM
Lee Valley Joe Woodworking 26 April 12th 06 04:50 AM
New product at Lee Valley! Andy Woodworking 9 April 3rd 06 05:36 PM
Lee Valley does it again! James \Cubby\ Culbertson Woodworking 26 December 10th 04 03:20 AM
Thanks, Lee Valley! Prometheus Woodworking 9 November 2nd 04 02:50 PM