Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Toilet Tank Replacement

Easier to replace the toilet as a unit.Turn off water undo water connection
to tank undo floor bolts, pull old one out.You will need new wax gasket, I
also replace the connection with a braided one since they are cheap and very
flexible and the new toilet you install may need a different length.. You
may be able to get "A Toilet in a Box". It comes with everything you need
,new seat to.(Except the braided line). Don't over tighten any bolts

"LesT" wrote in message
I've got a problem so I'm turning to the group that I trust with
suggestions.

I've got a toilet tank that cracked and I need to replace, here's the
questions I have.

Can I buy just a replacement tank (I think so), and do they all have
the
same spacing for the tank bolts and water flow opening?

Do new tanks come with all the "internals" or will I have to buy them
separately?
(Internals = flush lever, flush bulb, fill stand, seal between tank
and stool, etc.)

Thanks for your help, this problem is in another state and I'm trying
to plan
a repair and have all the parts with me when I arrive.

Les