Len

Default Cut List software?

No dickwad. You can't fully evaluate crippled software. IF I download
it to try it, I uncripple it. If I like it, I will buy it. Pure and simple.

Keep your pious high and mighty virtue bull**** for some one who gives a
**** about YOUR OPINIONS.

how is it that proverb goes? Let those who are without sin cast the
first stone.......

The problem is - CutList doesn't cripple their software. Only limits
how often you can use it or the number of parts.

What I wonder about is why he had to crow how he'd gotten around the
registration. I believe I'd have kept that information to myself.

The scum has no integrity and cannot discern, thus it is all the same
to him.

--

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to
you when you have forgotten the words.
Bay Area Dave

tell him how you REALLY feel!!

dave

Mapdude wrote:

No dickwad. You can't fully evaluate crippled software. IF I download
it to try it, I uncripple it. If I like it, I will buy it. Pure and simple.

Keep your pious high and mighty virtue bull**** for some one who gives a
**** about YOUR OPINIONS.

how is it that proverb goes? Let those who are without sin cast the
first stone.......

Bruce wrote:

You're a slimy dirtbag mapscum. There is no insurance to cover what
you're
stealing from a guy that devoted countless hours to writing an excellent
program. I hope you choke on the $30.00 you saved cheapskate.

Morris Dovey

Default Cut List software? Codepath's last two lines deserve an Oscar.Can't stop laughing.

codepath wrote:

"Morris Dovey" dribbled...

The reason that so many issues are discovered with Windows is
that it has a larger footprint. It's a more juicy target for
the fools that create viruses. Tons of Linux bugs and security
issues are disovered all the time, but they just don't make
the news. Doesn't mean that they are not there.

Yuppers. Part of the problem /is/ code bloat. In six years I
managed to find exactly one bug (I *discovered* it back in Red
Hat Linux 4.2) and reported it /to the author/, who produced a
corrected version of the module and made it available to the
world in less than twenty minutes.

I'm still waiting for Microsoft's promised RTC fix for COBOL-80.
Actually, I'm not really still waiting - I've decided that the
guy who made the promise had a chronic integrity impairment. Care
to guess who it was? [Hint: I already know that everyone reading
this newsgroup knows his name.]

Anyone who thinks that bugs and security vulnerabilities are
consiously and deliberately release is a fool. Microsoft is
very pro-active to correct issues once discovered.

Microsoft has a well-earned reputation for letting their
customers find the bugs for them. By the time MS-DOS 3.2 came
out, I was already bored to tears with the lame excuses. You must
not have been around for Windows 3.x, which would not and could
not have been released by any software firm making even a pretext
of caring about quality. If you're able to stir up a little
pro-activity on my still extant COBOL-80 compiler problem, it'd
be appreciated.

All software has bugs. Period. Bug-free software is as much of
a reality as unicorns, hobbits, and Iraqi WMDs.

A comforting mantra, no doubt, to producers of buggy software. To
at least some others (like myself) it's a lame excuse for doing a
sloppy job. Every bug represents a real world failure to
produce a full-quality product. We all fail sometimes. Microsoft
would seem to Excel at it.

Don't get me wrong. I know that Windows has issues. I agree
that some of Microsoft's business practices are lame.

Issues? I call 'em "bugs". Lame? Interesting choice of words -
not one of the ones I'd have chosen to describe their business
practices.

But, down here in the trenches, we developers really do try to
create the best software possible. No developer here would
knowingly release defective code. Period.

I can appreciate that MS developers down there in the trenches
really do try to create the best software they can; and that they
would never knowingly release defective code. I just wish they
were more capable, more knowledgeable, did more complete
pre-release testing, and devoted more effort to functionally
critical areas and less to screwing around with "easter eggs" and
dancing paper clips.

Sounds like you are one of those Microsoft-haters. You would
hate MS no matter what we did. What a cliché! You get all loud
screaming "Microsoft sucks" while running Windows. What a
hypocrite! Say one thing, do another.

I'm not a true "Microsoft hater" yet - I seem to have gotten
stuck in the "disgusted" stage. If it offends you that my Linux
box lives in my shop (where I really need the reliability) and
that I post from SWMBO's windows box at home - well, I have to
admit that it offends me too. (-:

I'm not a Microsoft hater - I'm a /bug/ hater; and I tend to have
a low regard for companies who sell defective products and/or
don't make good on their committments. YMMV.

Must be a Republican.

Not worthy of an answer.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

Bruce

In rec.woodworking
Mapdude wrote:

No dickwad. You can't fully evaluate crippled software. IF I download
it to try it, I uncripple it. If I like it, I will buy it. Pure and simple.

Keep your pious high and mighty virtue bull**** for some one who gives a
**** about YOUR OPINIONS.

how is it that proverb goes? Let those who are without sin cast the
first stone.......

You're a walking contradiction moron. If you don't care about my opinion,
why pray tell, did you respond? Post proof of purchase for Cut List dated
from prior to 3 days ago and I'll kiss your ass in front of all of
rec.woodworking. Otherwise, **** off an die you piece of ****.

Bruce

In rec.woodworking
Mapdude wrote:

Money tight in your household? Thats too bad.

Oh, so you have money to burn and yet still feel the urge to **** over
innocent programmers. You're just digging the hole deeper and deeper
loser.
Mike Reed

"codepath" wrote in message ...
I have been in the computer industry for over 15 years myself. The last 8 at
Microsoft as a developer. You may not like Microsoft's business practices or
some of the management-level decisions regarding our products, but I believe
that most people in the industry would agree that as developers, we ain't
too shabby.

Man, you really opened yourself up for flames here. You're not going
to win any arguments, so you should just stop posting in this thread.

Micro$oft programmers' opinions of themselves is a huge part of the
problem. You think you're badass, and stuff starts slipping through
the cracks.

I'm a game programmer and we were forced to "upgrade" to .NET for XBox
development. What a heap of crap it is. There are so many problems
that I can't believe it got out the door. Even more stunning is the
fact that there are no service packs for these problems.

Micro$oft ruined SourceSafe when they bought the product, renamed it
"Visual SourceSafe," and destabilized it. Now everyone is running to
Perforce because some "not too shabby" programmers there decided to
innovate.

Micro$oft is the Wal-Mart of software. Nobody likes them. They're both
the biggest, they both sell crap, and everyone buys it.

At least I don't use Windoze much at home. I don't use a computer much
at home. I head out to the wooodshop

You can think you're as badass as you want. You may even be badass,
but you're not smart for putting your efforts into a company that
takes no pride in it's products. Through poor quality, Micro$oft
tarnishes the "Made in USA" label just as badly as the American
automakers. At least there are better, more popular choices for cars.

-Mike
Mark Jerde

Mike Reed wrote:
"codepath" wrote in message
[...]

;-) I've been writing code since the 1970's and I'm quite (favorably)
impressed with .NET. Of course it's not perfect but a lot of it is pretty
darn close. ASP.NET is better for web apps than anything else I know about.

I'm still pining for VB6-style MDE development windows because they make
much better use of screen space on multiple monitor computers. But other
than that everything I use has been improved under .NET.

YMMV... g

-- Mark

Danny Boy

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 12:36:36 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
wrote:
What I wonder about is why he had to crow how he'd gotten around the
registration. I believe I'd have kept that information to myself.

Because he's a troll. Too bad I let that one get by the hit-list.
It's still not too late: .....Plonk! He's a bad memory.

Dan.

Mike Reed

I think the .NET feature set is incredible, it's just the bugs that
ruin it. We use it for C++.

Two major examples:

When I pull code, and a project file changes, I only get prompted the
/first/ time -- if I pull later, I get no prompt and the project file
doesn't reload. We've had to resort to closing .NET completely,
pulling code, then restarting and reloading the solution.

RetardiSense(tm) only works about 10% of the time, and I can see no
pattern of when it works. Most of the time, I get the wonderful
"IntelliSense: 'No additional information available'" Ugh. Makes me
feel like I'm editing with Notepad.

The developers that released this piece of wonderment are "not too
shabby," huh? Dumbasses.

"Mark Jerde" wrote in message .. .
Mike Reed wrote:
I'm a game programmer and we were forced to "upgrade" to .NET for XBox
development. What a heap of crap it is. There are so many problems
that I can't believe it got out the door. Even more stunning is the
fact that there are no service packs for these problems.

;-) I've been writing code since the 1970's and I'm quite (favorably)
impressed with .NET. Of course it's not perfect but a lot of it is pretty
darn close. ASP.NET is better for web apps than anything else I know about.

I'm still pining for VB6-style MDE development windows because they make
much better use of screen space on multiple monitor computers. But other
than that everything I use has been improved under .NET.

YMMV... g

-- Mark

Mapdude

Post proof of download and use.

again, Let those who are without sin cast the
first stone.......

If you are free of any wrongdoing in your life, declare it before God
and be done with it.

Bruce wrote:
In rec.woodworking
Mapdude wrote:

No dickwad. You can't fully evaluate crippled software. IF I download
it to try it, I uncripple it. If I like it, I will buy it. Pure and simple.

Keep your pious high and mighty virtue bull**** for some one who gives a
**** about YOUR OPINIONS.

how is it that proverb goes? Let those who are without sin cast the
first stone.......

You're a walking contradiction moron. If you don't care about my opinion,
why pray tell, did you respond? Post proof of purchase for Cut List dated
from prior to 3 days ago and I'll kiss your ass in front of all of
rec.woodworking. Otherwise, **** off an die you piece of ****.

Mark & Juanita

In article ,
says...
"codepath" wrote in message ...
I have been in the computer industry for over 15 years myself. The last 8 at
Microsoft as a developer. You may not like Microsoft's business practices or
some of the management-level decisions regarding our products, but I believe
that most people in the industry would agree that as developers, we ain't
too shabby.

Man, you really opened yourself up for flames here. You're not going
to win any arguments, so you should just stop posting in this thread.

Micro$oft programmers' opinions of themselves is a huge part of the
problem. You think you're badass, and stuff starts slipping through
the cracks.

Part of it is the culture. You don't get hired unless you show that
you can solve some of those irritating mental puzzles (you know the ones
like 5 missionaries and 5 cannibals have to get across a rope bridge
....). Some people do well at it, some don't, but IMHO, that doesn't
provide a very good indication of how innovative or how "out of the
box" you are going to be in a real environment. What it does do is
guarantee hiring a certain type of person. The kind of person who, for
example, might take great delight in writing clever little easter eggs
into flagship software products. In Msoft's opinion (or at least it
used to be several years ago) that was a prime qualifier to get hired.

I'm a game programmer and we were forced to "upgrade" to .NET for XBox
development. What a heap of crap it is. There are so many problems
that I can't believe it got out the door. Even more stunning is the
fact that there are no service packs for these problems.

Micro$oft ruined SourceSafe when they bought the product, renamed it
"Visual SourceSafe," and destabilized it. Now everyone is running to
Perforce because some "not too shabby" programmers there decided to
innovate.

Ah yes, the infamous, "Microsoft freedom to innovate" which typically
means "freedom to deviate from the standard into our own proprietary
format". Which translates into software and data that is only readable
using a Microsoft product, and, since Msoft has such a share of the
market to force the adoption of the Msoft product by just about
everybody in order to be able to access the data they need.

Dave Balderstone

In article m, Mark &
Juanita wrote:

Ah yes, the infamous, "Microsoft freedom to innovate" which typically
means "freedom to deviate from the standard into our own proprietary
format". Which translates into software and data that is only readable
using a Microsoft product, and, since Msoft has such a share of the
market to force the adoption of the Msoft product by just about
everybody in order to be able to access the data they need.

Y'know, reading this thread I get a picture right out of Pinnochio...

Innocent young programmers lured to "Redmond Island" where they have a
wonderful time until they realize they're turning into jackasses and
there's nothing they can do about it.

djb

--
Okay, so this is my new sig line, eh?
Mike Reed

Mark & Juanita wrote in message ws.com...
Part of it is the culture. You don't get hired unless you show that
you can solve some of those irritating mental puzzles (you know the ones
like 5 missionaries and 5 cannibals have to get across a rope bridge
...). Some people do well at it, some don't, but IMHO, that doesn't
provide a very good indication of how innovative or how "out of the
box" you are going to be in a real environment. What it does do is
guarantee hiring a certain type of person. The kind of person who, for
example, might take great delight in writing clever little easter eggs
into flagship software products. In Msoft's opinion (or at least it
used to be several years ago) that was a prime qualifier to get hired.

Yeah, that's for sure. When I was about to graduate with my CS degree,
I interviewed with Micro$oft just for practice. I knew they had a
challenging interview process, and I had zero interest in actually
working for them. I did well with the technical and puzzler questions
(I really like those kinds of problems).

I declined a second interview.

Boy, the job market sure was different back then

Mark & Juanita

In article ,
says...
Mark & Juanita wrote:
In article ,
says...
Post proof of download and use.

again, Let those who are without sin cast the
first stone.......

If you are free of any wrongdoing in your life, declare it before God
and be done with it.

Pretty typical of modern society's approach to life. "Unless you
are perfect, don't show me where I am going wrong". That wasn't
exactly the intent of the quote you are using above when it was first
used.

The way I read it, after we get the log out of our own eye we're supposed to
help others get the specks out of theirs. ;-) But don't forget whose
problem was bigger to begin with.

Both quotes had more to do with the attitude in the hearts of the
accusers than the actual actions. The idea that one must become perfect
(i.e. "removing the log" or "being without sin") before one can help
another avoid or point out a sin that is leading to a brother's
destruction is a guarantee that no one would ever point out problems
because no one is perfect, nor will they be perfect in this lifetime.
However, the attitude of self-righteousness and lack of love when
pointing out another's sin are the real problem being addressed here.
The concern is supposed to be for the other person's well-being, not to
elevate ourselves above the other when identifying error. We do this by
knowing that our own natural nature is not better than the other
person's and is, in fact, most likely even worse. That still should not
prevent us from stopping someone from stepping into the path of an on-
coming train.

-- Mark

Len

[...]

Amen, Brother. You and your girlfriend have a GOOD thing going.