Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OLD Ryobi AP 125 12.5" Stationary Planer

Hello Group: I just picked up a old Ryobi AP125 stationary planer for
a song. Actually in pretty good shape. Made in Japan and very
similar to the Makita 2040 except it is 12.5". VERY heavy duty with
four columns; cast iron table; probably weights at least 300 pounds.

Anyone perchance have this planer? I need the owners manual or
something to help me with the proper setting of the knives and the
feed rollers. I did call Ryobi USA and no one seemed to have a clue
that Ryobi Japan even made such a stationary planer. Tool Parts
Direct has some parts but not the knife setting gauge or the
manaul. Thanks!!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:08:19 -0800, stevek433 wrote:

Hello Group: I just picked up a old Ryobi AP125 stationary planer for a
song. Actually in pretty good shape. Made in Japan and very similar
to the Makita 2040 except it is 12.5". VERY heavy duty with four
columns; cast iron table; probably weights at least 300 pounds.

Anyone perchance have this planer? I need the owners manual or
something to help me with the proper setting of the knives and the feed
rollers. I did call Ryobi USA and no one seemed to have a clue that
Ryobi Japan even made such a stationary planer. Tool Parts Direct has
some parts but not the knife setting gauge or the manaul. Thanks!!

Didn't find anything about a manual, but the following link has a parts
list.

http://www.m-and-d.com/pdfs/ryobi_tool/AP125.pdf

Paul T.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 10, 12:14*am, "Paul T." wrote:
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:08:19 -0800, stevek433 wrote:
Hello Group: *I just picked up a old Ryobi AP125 stationary planer for a
song. *Actually in pretty good shape. * Made in Japan and very similar
to the Makita 2040 except it is 12.5". VERY heavy duty with four
columns; cast iron table; probably weights at least 300 pounds.

Anyone perchance have this planer? *I need the owners manual or
something to help me with the proper setting of the knives and the feed
rollers. *I did call Ryobi USA and no one seemed to have a clue that
Ryobi Japan even made such a stationary planer. *Tool Parts Direct has
some parts but not the knife setting gauge or the manaul. * *Thanks!!

Didn't find anything about a manual, but the following link has a parts
list.

http://www.m-and-d.com/pdfs/ryobi_tool/AP125.pdf

Paul T.

Thanks Paul.. I already have the parts list from Tool Parts Direct.
The good thing is there seem to be no parts missing, but the planer is
BADLY out of tune and needs all the adjustments. Guess it will be
trial and error time,,,
Posted to rec.woodworking

Didn't know about the 125. Do you know how old it is?

Ryobi made a couple of darned good planers during the early to mid
1990's The AP-10 is close to legendary for being one of the first
really portable planers that worked well. The AP-12 is a 12-5/16"
machine that is built like a fire plug and very reliable. I have
owned an AP-12 for about 12-15 years and quite frankly I have abused
it during the past year or so by running some very heave 8/4 timber
through it . I eventually cracked the motor/gearbox housing but a
good buttering with JB Weld pulled it back together.

I am not surprised that Ryobi doesn't know about it. They seem to
forget about a lot of their equipment and their owners after a few
years. When I bought my AP-12 the knives were around $15/set until
they discontinued them. Then the aftermarket versions were selling in
the $60-$80 range. If I were you I would start checking out knife
availability now. Mine is old enough that the high-priced knives were
probably going to require me to replace the machine. 5-6 sets would
come close to buying a newer one.

BUT - The Delta 22-562 knives that fit the Delta 12-1/2" machine work
fine in the AP-12. They have an extra index hole in the center (the
AP-12 doesn't have a matching pin). I got the Delta recommendation
from this group 6-8 years ago. If your machine is 90's vintage and
has the quick-index knives you might get lucky.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 10, 1:08*am, wrote:
Hello Group: *I just picked up a old Ryobi AP125 stationary planer for
a song. *Actually in pretty good shape. * Made in Japan and very
similar to the Makita 2040 except it is 12.5". VERY heavy duty with
four columns; cast iron table; probably weights at least 300 pounds.

Anyone perchance have this planer? *I need the owners manual or
something to help me with the proper setting of the knives and the
feed rollers. *I did call Ryobi USA and no one seemed to have a clue
that Ryobi Japan even made such a stationary planer. *Tool Parts
Direct has some parts but not the knife setting gauge or the
manaul. * *Thanks!!

Try here. http://www.owwm.com/ I'll bet someone over
there can hook you right up.

RP

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 10, 12:09*pm, RonB wrote:
[...]

I had one running almost daily to make edging for countertops.
Wonderful little machine. A true break-through.
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to stevek433, Jollene Larson wrote:
Did you find an owner's manual? I have the same planer and the owner's manual

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...er-495005-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Jollene Larson, Bartlett57 wrote:
Jollene Larson wrote: Did you find an owner's manual? I have the same planer

and the owner's manual
I just picked up one of these planers in full working order, just need to
sharpen/replace the blades. I'd love a copy of the owners manual or a source
for it as well as replacement knives. Thanks in advance if you can help me out.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...er-495005-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Jollene Larson, Jonathan Baer wrote:
If you're still out there Jollene, are you willing to sell a copy of your
owner's manual for the AP-125? Thanks, Jonathan.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...er-495005-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/23/2018 1:44 PM, Jonathan Baer wrote:
replying to Jollene Larson, Jonathan Baer wrote:
If you're still out there Jollene, are you willing to sell a copy of your
owner's manual for the AP-125?Â* Thanks, Jonathan.

What is it you are looking for? The operation is as self-explanatory as can
be and the directions for almost any old lunchbox planer could be
substituted with no loss. The parts diagram and list are available online.
The latter is pretty much useless though since almost every part is listed
as obsolete and unobtainable.

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Jollene Larson, G8rgalpeg wrote:
I have the same planer and would love a copy of the manual.
Thanks.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...er-495005-.htm

Ryobi AP-12 Planer Problem RonB[_2_] Woodworking 10 February 22nd 18 07:51 PM
snip and a Ryobi planer richard Woodworking 3 January 18th 07 07:27 PM
Ryobi Surface PLaner 13" Advice Richard Clements Woodworking 9 December 29th 06 09:43 PM
ryobi hand planer FA gooch Woodworking 4 October 21st 05 04:06 AM
Stationary knife planer? Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 2 February 27th 05 04:43 AM