Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] stevek433@comcast.net is offline

Default OLD Ryobi AP 125 12.5" Stationary Planer

On Mar 10, 12:14*am, "Paul T." wrote:
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:08:19 -0800, stevek433 wrote:
Hello Group: *I just picked up a old Ryobi AP125 stationary planer for a
song. *Actually in pretty good shape. * Made in Japan and very similar
to the Makita 2040 except it is 12.5". VERY heavy duty with four
columns; cast iron table; probably weights at least 300 pounds.

Anyone perchance have this planer? *I need the owners manual or
something to help me with the proper setting of the knives and the feed
rollers. *I did call Ryobi USA and no one seemed to have a clue that
Ryobi Japan even made such a stationary planer. *Tool Parts Direct has
some parts but not the knife setting gauge or the manaul. * *Thanks!!

Didn't find anything about a manual, but the following link has a parts
list.

http://www.m-and-d.com/pdfs/ryobi_tool/AP125.pdf

Paul T.

Thanks Paul.. I already have the parts list from Tool Parts Direct.
The good thing is there seem to be no parts missing, but the planer is
BADLY out of tune and needs all the adjustments. Guess it will be
trial and error time,,,