Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dust Collector sucked a towel ... won't work

My Jet dust collector sucked up a towel ... it went thru the hose, thru
the fan and lodged in the short tube between the blower and the
collector bag when the motor quit working. The fan spins freely but
the motor won't turn on.

Any ideas appreciated

Paul
Posted to rec.woodworking

Paul L wrote:
My Jet dust collector sucked up a towel ... it went thru the hose,
thru the fan and lodged in the short tube between the blower and the
collector bag when the motor quit working. The fan spins freely but
the motor won't turn on.

Any ideas appreciated

Paul

is there a reset button on the motor?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/4/2010 12:53 PM, chaniarts wrote:
Paul L wrote:
My Jet dust collector sucked up a towel ... it went thru the hose,
thru the fan and lodged in the short tube between the blower and the
collector bag when the motor quit working. The fan spins freely but
the motor won't turn on.

Any ideas appreciated

Paul

is there a reset button on the motor?

No ... but I had immediately checked the circuit I thought the collector
was on and it was OK. Just now I checked the breaker box and the
breaker was tripped. All a ok ...

Thanks for your reply

Paul
Posted to rec.woodworking

breaker was tripped. *All a ok ...

That is one of those Wwhhhhheeeewww moments!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Paul L wrote:
My Jet dust collector sucked up a towel ... it went thru the hose,
thru the fan and lodged in the short tube between the blower and the
collector bag when the motor quit working. The fan spins freely but
the motor won't turn on.

Any ideas appreciated

Paul

is there a reset button on the motor?

No ... but I had immediately checked the circuit I thought the collector
was on and it was OK. Just now I checked the breaker box and the
breaker was tripped. All a ok ...

So, you're not going to have to throw in the towel? grin

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message
communications...

No ... but I had immediately checked the circuit I thought the collector
was on and it was OK. Just now I checked the breaker box and the
breaker was tripped. All a ok ...

So, you're not going to have to throw in the towel? grin

He almost got fleeced.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 12:30:34 -0700, Paul L wrote:

My Jet dust collector sucked up a towel ... it went thru the hose, thru
the fan and lodged in the short tube between the blower and the
collector bag when the motor quit working. The fan spins freely but
the motor won't turn on.

Any ideas appreciated

Paul

No matter how great the idea seems in the shower, you need proper
clothing before woodworking - running to the shop dressed only in a
towel can lead to all sorts of complications ;-)

John
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message
communications...

No ... but I had immediately checked the circuit I thought the collector
was on and it was OK. Just now I checked the breaker box and the
breaker was tripped. All a ok ...

So, you're not going to have to throw in the towel? grin

He almost got fleeced.

This thread blows...

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
DGDevin wrote:

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message
xcommunications...

No ... but I had immediately checked the circuit I thought the collector
was on and it was OK. Just now I checked the breaker box and the
breaker was tripped. All a ok ...

So, you're not going to have to throw in the towel? grin

He almost got fleeced.

THAT goes with the terri-tory!
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Joe wrote:

"DGDevin" wrote in message
om...

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message
communications...

No ... but I had immediately checked the circuit I thought the collector
was on and it was OK. Just now I checked the breaker box and the
breaker was tripped. All a ok ...

So, you're not going to have to throw in the towel? grin

He almost got fleeced.

This thread blows...

Actually, the original problem was it sucked, not blew. snicker

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Joe wrote:

"DGDevin" wrote in message
news:KuGdnXH4GLrlyA3WnZ2dnUVZ_oKdnZ2d@earthlink. com...

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message
communications...

No ... but I had immediately checked the circuit I thought the
collector
was on and it was OK. Just now I checked the breaker box and the
breaker was tripped. All a ok ...

So, you're not going to have to throw in the towel? grin

He almost got fleeced.

This thread blows...

Actually, the original problem was it sucked, not blew. snicker

Zero-sum game, if it was sucking somewhere, it was blowing somewhere else.
I stand by my pun.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 4, 3:12*pm, RonB wrote:
breaker was tripped. *All a ok ...

That is one of those Wwhhhhheeeewww moments!

So your DC is no longer on the rag?

Dust Collector?? k Woodworking 5 February 15th 08 03:22 AM
JDS Dust Force or Harbor Freight dust collector? HerHusband Woodworking 4 October 28th 07 10:15 PM
Dust Collector Metal Duct Work question Mark Brubaker Woodworking 16 January 9th 06 08:38 PM
Anyone have a JDS Dust-Force dust collector? [email protected] Woodworking 4 August 15th 05 05:48 PM
Dust Collector and compressing dust into burnable logs tiredofspam Woodworking 25 February 23rd 05 03:04 AM