Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Scroll saw baldes

What brand of scroll saw blades are the best?

I'm tasked with cutting out 36 8.5 x 11 jigsaw puzzles
out of 1/4" birch ply.

I was in the blue borg last night and their selection totaled
Vermont American and Dremel.

I got a couple of packs of the Dremels and they dull very
quickly, possibly good for cutting styrofoam if your not
in a hurry.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tryt Olsen blades. They are widely available, though not at the Big
Box stores. Better suppliers will have them in great variety of
configurations, i.e., tpi, round, double cutting, etc.

including On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 07:15:42 -0600, "basilisk"

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 2, 8:15*am, "basilisk" wrote:
What brand of scroll saw blades are the best?

I'm tasked with cutting out 36 *8.5 x 11 jigsaw puzzles
out of 1/4" birch ply.

I was in the blue borg last night and their selection totaled
Vermont American and Dremel.

I got a couple of packs of the Dremels and they dull very
quickly, possibly good for cutting styrofoam if your not
in a hurry.

basilisk

The two i use are Olsen (pgt) and Flying Dutchman (mikesscrollsa.com)
The FD blades are very reasonable, and are great

shelly
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tryt Olsen blades. They are widely available, though not at the Big
Box stores. Better suppliers will have them in great variety of
configurations, i.e., tpi, round, double cutting, etc.

I use Olsen as well, even when I cut Corian. I've tried a couple
others but these seem to hold up better and are easier for me to get.
`Casper

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-03-02, wrote:
On Mar 2, 8:15 am, "basilisk" wrote:
What brand of scroll saw blades are the best?

I'm tasked with cutting out 36 8.5 x 11 jigsaw puzzles
out of 1/4" birch ply.

I was in the blue borg last night and their selection totaled
Vermont American and Dremel.

I got a couple of packs of the Dremels and they dull very
quickly, possibly good for cutting styrofoam if your not
in a hurry.

basilisk

The two i use are Olsen (pgt) and Flying Dutchman (mikesscrollsa.com)
The FD blades are very reasonable, and are great

shelly

Same here. I thin that Mikes web shop is this:
http://www.mikesworkshop.com/

For some things (thin brass sheets etc.) jewellery blades are pretty nice
(please use eye protection, bits and pieces are going to fly) and very
cheap (something like 7 USD per gross). My last batch is from he
http://shop.rings-things.com/cart/pc...dCategory=2044

seismo malm

Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to get some Olsens
and possibly order some of the flying dutchman,
Up to now I've never done any production scroll sawing,
I need better blades for this kind of work.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

basilisk wrote:
What brand of scroll saw blades are the best?

I'm tasked with cutting out 36 8.5 x 11 jigsaw puzzles
out of 1/4" birch ply.

I was in the blue borg last night and their selection totaled
Vermont American and Dremel.

I got a couple of packs of the Dremels and they dull very
quickly, possibly good for cutting styrofoam if your not
in a hurry.

basilisk

Had a bunch of Olsen and they were ok. After reading some posts about
blades a year or so ago, went and got Flying Dutchman blades and they're
terrific!

I got mine he http://www.scrollsawbladespatterns.com/

~Mark.
Posted to rec.woodworking

The two i use are Olsen (pgt) and Flying Dutchman (mikesscrollsa.com)
The FD blades are very reasonable, and are great

shelly

Same here. I thin that Mikes web shop is this:http://www.mikesworkshop.com/

yes, you are correct5 - my memory isn't what it never was!

For some things (thin brass sheets etc.) jewellery blades are pretty n

Which scroll saw? samson Woodworking 11 August 29th 08 04:14 PM
Scroll saw Rick Samuel Woodworking 4 April 7th 07 12:04 AM
scroll saw [email protected] Woodworking 12 February 19th 07 06:43 PM
GMC scroll saw Steve Hall Woodworking 2 January 13th 07 09:19 PM
Scroll saw [email protected] Woodworking 3 January 4th 05 12:20 AM