Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Scroll saw

A few weeks ago I asked about a starter saw. Thanks for all the replys. Many of the reviews I read were both hot & cold on each saw, save the Dewalt 788. It arrived yesterday, nice saw. I was very reluctant to spend that much, but now I'm happy with the buy.
My question is who is the dealer to buy blades from, and what to look for?
Posted to rec.woodworking

There are several good brands of blades around but I
prefer Olson. I'm putting together an order tomorrow
for Sloan's Woodshop. Take a look at his web site.
(www.sloanswoodshop.com) I've bought wood and acrylic
from him in the past. His prices on Olson blades seems
competitive. Buy them by the gross.

Check the ads in Creative Woodworks & Crafts and Scroll
Saw Woodworking & Crafts. Both magazines cater to
scrollers and the ads are informative.

Check Rick Hutcheson's web site for good scroll saw
blade information. It is important to learn the types
of blades available and how to match the different
types to your project. (www.scrollsaws.com)

Check Judy Gale Roberts' web site (www.intarsia.com)
They carry On Line blades. I've not tried them but
everything else they do is first class.

John Flatley
Jacksonville, Florida

--
A lot of money is tainted. It taint yours and it taint
mine.

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
A few weeks ago I asked about a starter saw. Thanks
for all the replys. Many of the reviews I read were
both hot & cold on each saw, save the Dewalt 788. It
arrived yesterday, nice saw. I was very reluctant to
spend that much, but now I'm happy with the buy.
My question is who is the dealer to buy blades from,
and what to look for?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Rick Samuel wrote:

My question is who is the dealer to buy blades from, and what to look for?

Look for a dealer that sells "Olson PGT (Precision Ground Tooth)
Blades". See:

http://www.olsonsaw.com/pgt.html

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 21:08:38 -0500, "Rick Samuel"
wrote:

A few weeks ago I asked about a starter saw. Thanks for all the
replys. Many of the reviews I read were both hot & cold on each
saw, save the Dewalt 788. It arrived yesterday, nice saw. I was
very reluctant to spend that much, but now I'm happy with the buy.
My question is who is the dealer to buy blades from, and what to
look for?

Best place for blades: www.mikesworkshop.com.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

Scroll saw Rick Samuel Woodworking 1 April 2nd 07 01:56 PM
scroll saw a34655 Woodworking 2 March 9th 07 04:20 PM
Scroll saw [email protected] Woodworking 3 February 22nd 07 07:25 PM
scroll saw [email protected] Woodworking 12 February 19th 07 06:43 PM
Scroll saw [email protected] Woodworking 3 January 4th 05 12:20 AM