Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hitachi C10 FSH compoun miter saw burning

I have an Hitachi C10 FSH compound miter saw that has worked
beauitifully for me for a couple of years. Recently I allowed someone
else to use it and it is now out of whack. It burns almost every cut.
I am running a very sharp Forrest Woodmaster on it but to be certain
it was not a dull or warped blade causing the problem I changed blades
but the problem continues. I have been over the saw very carefully
and the only thing that appears a little out is the right side tubular
shaft on which it rolls has a tiny bit of slop. I do not believe this
is the source of the problem but I am at a loss and am turning to you,
my esteemed woodworking colleagues, to tell me if you have had this
problem and what your solution might have been. Yes. I know, I can
send it back to the factory but that should only be a last resort.
Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Joe

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 26, 3:36*pm, Joe Bleau wrote:
[...]

Blade is not parallel to direction it must travel.
Posted to rec.woodworking

What type of wood are you cutting? Burning is "usually" from moving to
slowly through the material. Now a dull blade might slow the cut thus
enhance burning. Or wet wood can bind and slow the cut. I mean even
wobble shouldn't induce burning. The only thing that comes to mind is
the alignment of the blade relative to the direction of the sliders.
Not sure I have ever adjusted that but I assume there must be some
setting somewhere.

On Feb 26, 12:36*pm, Joe Bleau wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 02/26/2010 02:36 PM, Joe Bleau wrote:
[...]

The saw is out of square with the fence,
either due to the slop in the rail or it
has been knocked out of adjustment.

I can't help with a specific procedure to
adjust it, I'm not familiar with this
particular saw.

basilisk
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 02/26/2010 04:04 PM, basilisk wrote:
[...]

I should have said "not square with the rails"
basilisk