Rick Chamberlain

Default Infinity router bits

They say they're made in the US, and seem to be moderately priced.
Anyone try them yet? Comments?

TIA.
--
Regards,

Rick

(Remove the HIGH SPOTS for e-mail)
David Zaret

i buy them, i use them, i think they are excellent. very high quality
bits, thick carbide, accurate, smooth. a little more expensive, but in
my opinion, worth it, and supports a US company.

i spend about 20 minutes talking with the owner at a woodshow - nice
guy, seemed honest and hard working. as long as his bits continue to
outperform the others i have, he'll get my business.

--- dz

Rick Chamberlain wrote:

They say they're made in the US, and seem to be moderately priced.
Anyone try them yet? Comments?

TIA.

Marty

I wonder if Jesada make the bits for them. Their both florida
companies.

Jesada makes bits for a lot of companies.

Rick Chamberlain wrote:

They say they're made in the US, and seem to be moderately priced.
Anyone try them yet? Comments?

TIA.

SawEyes

"Rick Chamberlain" wrote in message
They say they're made in the US, and seem to be moderately priced.
Anyone try them yet? Comments?

Try he
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/rev...routerbits.htm

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Over 50 woodworking product reviews online!
Latest 5 Reviews:
- Veritas Power Tool Guide
- Ryobi 6" Grinder/Stand Combo
- Band Saw Handbook
- GMC R1200 1/2" Router
- LRH Magic Molder
- Triton Router Review Update!

Michael Baglio

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 09:28:14 -0600, Rick Chamberlain
wrote:

They say they're made in the US, and seem to be moderately priced.
Anyone try them yet? Comments?

A couple of months ago WOOD magazine wrote an article on router bits.
They rated several brands. At the end of the article they then
suggested six bits to be what they considered the "essential" six.
Additionally, they suggested that anyone who had those six might
consider an additional 6 or seven equally useful bits that would make
up a "dream" collection.

Then they lamented the fact that you can't _find_ those 6 (or 12) bits
in sets, as most "sets" are comprised of a useful bit or two with the
rest being "filler"-- bits that would be used so infrequently as to
make the "set" purchase not such a great deal after all. (Sound
familiar? How many times have you read "don't buy sets" on this
newsgroup?)

shanked bits-- one of 6 pieces and one of 13-- that are exactly what
WOOD recommended. They call them, (in a flash of marketing genius),
the "essential six" and "dream" sets.

The 6 piece set is under 100 bucks, and the 13 piece set is around
$180. (Their site quotes $199, but they're actually around $180.
Don't ask. I don't know how they do the math.)

I jumped on this deal with both feet and a visa card.

The Infinity bits, (whoever they're actually made by) are the equal of
any bits, and better than most, I've ever used. And at $180ish for
the 13-piece set of _useful_ router bits, the "$14 each" price makes
them an unbeatable bargain in quality router bits.

Full details on their website. http://www.infinitytools.com/

Hope this helps,
Michael

mttt

"David Zaret" wrote in message

i buy them, i use them, i think they are excellent. very high quality
bits, thick carbide, accurate, smooth. a little more expensive, but in
my opinion, worth it, and supports a US company.

Agreed!!!

Ken Johnsen

Would you same about Jesada?

When I compared pricing a few weeks ago Jesada seemed about $2.00/bit
cheaper. Curiose since I've seen speculation that Jesada may produce for
Infinity

Ken

"mttt" wrote in message

"David Zaret" wrote in message

i buy them, i use them, i think they are excellent. very high quality
bits, thick carbide, accurate, smooth. a little more expensive, but in
my opinion, worth it, and supports a US company.

Agreed!!!

mttt

"Ken Johnsen" wrote in message
news

Would you same about Jesada?

Only Jesada bit I have is their 8" dado blade.

When I compared pricing a few weeks ago Jesada seemed about $2.00/bit
cheaper. Curiose since I've seen speculation that Jesada may produce for
Infinity

I saw the *speculation* as well.
I'm happy w/ Infinity - that's about all I can say with any certainty.

Ken Johnsen

Most of my bits are Jesada. I've been pleased with them. Just concerned with
with their service a while ago - 800 # out, slow shipping etc.

I did look at infinity and was thinking Jesada may have lowered prices due
to the competition, but didn't know how the quality of the 2 compare. Seems
like most people like Infinity's products.

Ken

"mttt" wrote in message

"Ken Johnsen" wrote in message
news

Would you same about Jesada?

Only Jesada bit I have is their 8" dado blade.

When I compared pricing a few weeks ago Jesada seemed about $2.00/bit
cheaper. Curiose since I've seen speculation that Jesada may produce for
Infinity

I saw the *speculation* as well.
I'm happy w/ Infinity - that's about all I can say with any certainty.

mttt

"Ken Johnsen" wrote in message

Most of my bits are Jesada. I've been pleased with them. Just concerned

with
with their service a while ago - 800 # out, slow shipping etc.

I see their Web Site is alive again - but I think I checked the
special/clearance tab and saw something on sale with an expiration date of
last year.

Have you bought anything from them recently?
Heard rumor that they ?almost? shutdown when their Italian supplier stopped
supplying.

I like my dado set - but I bought that over 18mo's ago.

Ken Johnsen

I saw the same on the close out site.

I did place an order about 6 wks ago but cancelled it. they said it was
available and then when it didn't arrive & I called, I was told they were
out of stock.

Have there 6" dadoe & like it also. I'll give them another try when I need a
bit but will keep Infinity in mind as a back-up

Ken

Infinity router bits Dave Woodworking 3 February 17th 04 04:34 AM
Can one use the Dremel Advantage Plunge Router Attachment (Model 963-01) with Standard Router Bits? Adriaan Sachtler Woodworking 1 January 20th 04 01:33 AM
Vibration on 1/2" bits on Milwake 5615 router Leon Woodworking 1 July 24th 03 03:57 PM