Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shopsmithless in Grass Valley

Hi all. I have a Shopsmith Mark V that I obtained in 1987 and used
two or three times at most. I moved from the Montreal area
(relatively humid in summer, dry in winter) to the Sierras in
California in 2001 (a little humid in winter, dry in summer) and
haven't started it or anything in all that time. Getting back into
serious woodworking (more than just banging 2 x 4s together), I wanted
to refurbish it. I'm a little uneasy with the idea of not finding
parts or just messing up the job. In your opinion (hopefully based on
experience with the same or similar equipment), is it worth my while
to hire the job out to someone who does professional equipment
restoration, or is this something that a woodworking IT person could
do? All opinions are gratefully welcomed. Take care.

Ed