Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Creating the Cauls

I have built a set of cauls for gluing up boards. My projects all
revolve around building jigs and benches for woodworking, as I feel
like it is good practice.

http://bit.ly/da9SBX

I hope you enjoy it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 10, 11:35*am, ExtremelyAvg wrote:
I have built a set of cauls for gluing up boards. *My projects all
revolve around building jigs and benches for woodworking, as I feel
like it is good practice.

http://bit.ly/da9SBX

I hope you enjoy it.

When I made my cauls I was worried that separated sides would bend
(twist) more than they would if the two pieces were glued directly
together, so forgo the "infinitely" adjustable separation between
bolts. I put the panels to be glued at one end and then supplement
the more distant bolt with a clamp over the panel. I'd make the cauls
even thicker, if I did it again. Rigidity is everything.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/10/10 12:35 PM, "ExtremelyAvg" wrote:
My projects all
revolve around building jigs and benches for woodworking, as I feel
like it is good practice.

You don't need to explain why you build jigs or tools. Building items for
the workshop doesn't need a justification.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 10, 10:35*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
Rigidity is everything... That;s what she said.

Well, cauls have to be long enough, too.

Dedicated Clamping Cauls Jay Pique Woodworking 20 June 10th 09 07:37 AM
clamping cauls larry Woodworking 2 February 14th 08 10:30 AM
Thanks for creating this resource n9p5cfyn Home Ownership 0 November 2nd 07 01:50 AM
Creating a pointed tip Eli Luong Woodworking 1 March 4th 07 03:55 AM
Clamping Cauls Jay Pique Woodworking 20 December 2nd 06 12:28 AM