DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Creating the Cauls (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/297966-creating-cauls.html)

ExtremelyAvg February 10th 10 05:35 PM

Creating the Cauls

I have built a set of cauls for gluing up boards. My projects all
revolve around building jigs and benches for woodworking, as I feel
like it is good practice.

http://bit.ly/da9SBX

I hope you enjoy it.

[email protected] February 10th 10 05:45 PM

Creating the Cauls

On Feb 10, 11:35*am, ExtremelyAvg wrote:
I have built a set of cauls for gluing up boards. *My projects all
revolve around building jigs and benches for woodworking, as I feel
like it is good practice.

http://bit.ly/da9SBX

I hope you enjoy it.

When I made my cauls I was worried that separated sides would bend
(twist) more than they would if the two pieces were glued directly
together, so forgo the "infinitely" adjustable separation between
bolts. I put the panels to be glued at one end and then supplement
the more distant bolt with a clamp over the panel. I'd make the cauls
even thicker, if I did it again. Rigidity is everything.

Robert Haar[_2_] February 10th 10 05:56 PM

Creating the Cauls

On 2/10/10 12:35 PM, "ExtremelyAvg" wrote:
My projects all
revolve around building jigs and benches for woodworking, as I feel
like it is good practice.

You don't need to explain why you build jigs or tools. Building items for
the workshop doesn't need a justification.

[email protected] February 11th 10 03:08 PM

Creating the Cauls

On Feb 10, 10:35*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
Rigidity is everything... That;s what she said.

Well, cauls have to be long enough, too.