Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drill press sanding disk with Bearing ?

I recently saw a posting( that I have lost ) with a picture of a sanding
disk that had a bearing on the bottom for "pattern sanding". I have searched
several Tool Sites and did a "DAG" to no avail. Anyone familiar with this
attachment and a dealer/supplier. ? Could sure put this to good use! Thanks

Bill in Plano

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/8/2010 9:17 PM, sparky01 wrote:
I recently saw a posting( that I have lost ) with a picture of a sanding
disk that had a bearing on the bottom for "pattern sanding". I have
searched several Tool Sites and did a "DAG" to no avail. Anyone familiar
with this attachment and a dealer/supplier. ? Could sure put this to
good use! Thanks

I DAGS and found one for $19.99:

http://www.thefind.com/hardware/info-drill-press-sander

and might be fun to combine that with a DIY base similar to

http://www.luthiersfriend.com/

HTH!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking
No Name

The one I remember was called "ROBO-SANDER" .. I think it's still
available under that name as well as a few others.

On 2/8/2010 10:17 PM, sparky01 wrote:
I recently saw a posting( that I have lost ) with a picture of a
sanding disk that had a bearing on the bottom for "pattern sanding". I
have searched several Tool Sites and did a "DAG" to no avail. Anyone
familiar with this attachment and a dealer/supplier. ? Could sure put
this to good use! Thanks

Bill in Plano

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"sparky01" wrote in message
I recently saw a posting( that I have lost ) with a picture of a sanding
disk that had a bearing on the bottom for "pattern sanding". I have
searched several Tool Sites and did a "DAG" to no avail. Anyone familiar
with this attachment and a dealer/supplier. ? Could sure put this to good
use! Thanks

Bill in Plano

this?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...er=drum%20sand

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drill press sanding disk with Bearing , Thanks All

On 2/9/10 8:53 AM, "dadiOH" wrote:

The fact that it is a drum, not disk, probably confused Google

I don't know about Google, but it confused me. I had trouble even imagining
what it might be.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:13:18 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

"sparky01" wrote in message
I recently saw a posting( that I have lost ) with a picture of a sanding
disk that had a bearing on the bottom for "pattern sanding". I have
searched several Tool Sites and did a "DAG" to no avail. Anyone familiar
with this attachment and a dealer/supplier. ? Could sure put this to good
use! Thanks

Bill in Plano

this?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...er=drum%20sand

jc

Or search for Robo sander. Klingspor has them.

Paul F.