Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Replacing bandsaw motor

I have a Delta 28-203 bandsaw with a 3/4 HP motor in it. What is
involved in upgrading to a 1 or 1.5 HP 1725RM motor? Can I just take
the pulley off of the old one and put on the new one? Any recommended
motors?
Cheers
Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote in message
I have a Delta 28-203 bandsaw with a 3/4 HP motor in it. What is
involved in upgrading to a 1 or 1.5 HP 1725RM motor? Can I just take
the pulley off of the old one and put on the new one? Any recommended
motors?
Cheers

Yes and no. You need a motor with the same frame size for the pulley to fit
or you need a new pulley with the dame diameter but bore to fit the new
motor. The new motor has to fit the mount also. If you have a 56 frame,
get another 56 frame. Be sure you have the wiring to support the larger
load also. You can find a lot of information at the Grainger web site.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 7, 10:16*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
" wrote in message

Excellent, thanks. BTW, this is an older made in USA model with
enclosed base, not the open stand model sold in the box stores today.
It looks identical to the 475x model sold today with the 1.5HP motor.
Cheers.

I have a Delta 28-203 bandsaw with a 3/4 HP motor in it. *What is
involved in upgrading to a 1 or 1.5 HP 1725RM motor? *Can I just take
the pulley off of the old one and put on the new one? *Any recommended
motors?
Cheers

Yes and no. *You need a motor with the same frame size for the pulley to fit
or you need a new pulley with the dame diameter but bore to fit the new
motor. *The new motor has to fit the mount also. * *If you have a 56 frame,
get another 56 frame. *Be sure you have the wiring to support the larger
load also. * You can find a lot of information at the Grainger web site..

Posted to rec.woodworking

*What is
involved in upgrading to a 1 or 1.5 HP 1725RM motor? *Can I just take
the pulley off of the old one and put on the new one? *Any recommended
motors?
Cheers

Dukes

If possible go to 220volts so the wiring will not have be upgraded.
And with going to 220 you will need a new switch that breaks both legs
of the power. Home Depot now sells motor rated switches.

Bob AZ
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 8, 10:45*am, Bob AZ wrote:
**What is

involved in upgrading to a 1 or 1.5 HP 1725RM motor? *Can I just take
the pulley off of the old one and put on the new one? *Any recommended
motors?
Cheers

Dukes

If possible go to 220volts so the wiring will not have be upgraded.
And with going to 220 you will need a new switch that breaks both legs
of the power. Home Depot now sells motor rated switches.

Bob *AZ

Going to a 1.5HP means I have to replace the wiring? Not sure I
follow..

Posted to rec.woodworking

Going to a 1.5HP means I have to replace the wiring? �Not sure I
follow..

Dukes..

Twice the current.

I/you can almost bet that the present wiring is just enough for
3/4HP. Going to 220Volts will negate this if the voltage rating of the
wiring is enough - which I would assume it is. Probably 300 or 600
volt insulation.

Lots of things to think about. What size is the wiring now? Including
the cord.

Bob AZ

Replacing bandsaw motor C & E Woodworking 10 December 30th 09 12:12 AM
JET bandsaw motor byrds51 Woodworking 6 August 12th 08 02:51 PM
bandsaw motor Dan-o Woodworking 18 August 7th 06 03:56 PM
Motor wire number to color mapping for Bandsaw motor. Bill Woodworking 5 November 28th 05 11:08 PM
Q: Replacing Bandsaw Footbrake Lining Rob Metalworking 6 July 7th 05 04:33 AM