Bill

Default Motor wire number to color mapping for Bandsaw motor.

Greetings,

I have bought a Baldor 1.5H FDL3514M motor for my
Delta 14 inch bandsaw. It has nice wiring instructions
saying connect wire number x to wire number y.

However, I do not see the numbers.

I think the color of the wire indicates the number.
If so, then what color corresponds to what number?
If not, then how do I determine the number of a wire?

Sincerely,
Bill Thomas

tom

Not sure about a number/color relationship. Are the colors white, black
and green? Maybe even a red wire? There may be a legend for colorblind
people, but that should be pretty obvious on the instructions. Tom

Bill

After careful examination with better eye glasses and a magnifying
glass,
I found the numbers printed on the wires with their orientation along
the
length of the wire. They look like smudges from the manufacturing
process until you decide they look like numbers, then you can
read them.

tom

Ahh, you're getting older, like me! But are there colors? Tom

Norman D. Crow

"Bill" wrote in message
ups.com...
Greetings,

I have bought a Baldor 1.5H FDL3514M motor for my
Delta 14 inch bandsaw. It has nice wiring instructions
saying connect wire number x to wire number y.

However, I do not see the numbers.

I think the color of the wire indicates the number.
If so, then what color corresponds to what number?
If not, then how do I determine the number of a wire?

Must be some numbers somewhere that you're missing, but to use an old crutch
for remembering resistor color coding;
Bad(black) =0
Boys(brown) =1
Rape(red) =2
Our(orange) =3
Young(yellow) =4
Girls(green) =5
But(blue) =6
Violet(purple) =7
Gives(gray) =8
Willingly(white)=9
Get(gold)Some(silver)Now(no color) were added on the end to signify the
variance of the rating, ie: 0%, 1%, 5%
--
Nahmie
Stupidity is not considered a handicap, park elsewhere.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill

We can only wish the electricians used the electronic codes.
The colors to numbers for this motor follow:
Blue = 1
White = 2
Orange = 3
Yellow = 4
Black = 5
no 6
no 7
Red = 8
Brown = J

I did have to swap the Black 5 wire with the Red 8 wire to
make the mortor turn the blade correctly. Otherwise I followed the
label on
the motor's electric box cover.

I bought a 10 AWG extension cable. Pieces of it became the power cord
and the cable from the electric box I added, to the motor. The added
electric box, which I bolted to the outside over one of the existing
plugged holes
of the base cabinet, contains the connections between the power cord,
switch, and
motor; two duplex outlets (since it had the space and the magnetic
light over the
table needed an outlet); and a compression fitting for the power cord.
Since the
motor can draw 18 Amps, I put the 20 Amp plug on the power cord. It
looks like a
regular plug with one of the blades rotated 90 degrees. I had a 20 Amp
dedicated
outlet for the lathe. Since in this one man shop, the bandsaw will not
run at the
same time as the lathe, I ran conduit from the lathe outlet to a new
outlet near
the bandsaw. The motor mount had to move to accomodate the fan end of
the
motor, which then required moving the bandsaw on the top of the base
cabinet
to keep the pulleys in alignment.

Summary, the bandsaw now cuts as it should cut and not as it cut with a
..75 HP motor.