Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default JET bandsaw motor

I've got a buddy with a JET JWBS-18X saw and the motor gets hotter
than hell. Does anyone have any suggestions?

He's thinking about replacing the 1 1/2 hp with a 3 hp but Jet wants
from 475 for the 1 1/2 hp to 575 for the 3 hp. thats pretty steep for
whar seems to be a marginal motor. Does anyone have any suggestions
for replacements?

I have found several motors for him but need to know what the frame is
on those motors. They are a strange mounting config (face but doesn't
seem to be a NEMA) and the shaft size is 3/4" which is a bit odd for a
motor that size.

We need some help! He's 74 and doesn't use a PC and we live in the
boonies. Nearest place to shop for motors is Boise and thats 180 miles
so we're reaching out. He makes stakes for local builders and needs
his machine fixed. It would be a real stretch for hime to shell out
what Jet wants for their "solid GOLD" motors

Thanks
Byrd

bandsaw motor Dan-o Woodworking 18 August 7th 06 03:56 PM
VFD and 3 phase motor for the 4x6 HF bandsaw carl mciver Metalworking 2 February 20th 06 02:15 AM
Motor wire number to color mapping for Bandsaw motor. Bill Woodworking 5 November 28th 05 11:08 PM
Burned my bandsaw motor? John T Woodworking 4 October 18th 05 04:13 PM
Min. recommended KVA motor for 20" bandsaw? Robert MacKinnon Woodworking 4 December 5th 04 12:16 AM