Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Through Loose Tenons

I have been thinking of trying this for a while, but never have.
Through loose tenons. I would keep them square instead of rounded.
Seems like it should work. The only problem I can think of is that
you would need to make sure that the tenon stock to matches in color
to the adjoining rail (if a lot of the tenon is exposed).

I expect to get a few "just use integral tenons for this", but
obviously I've considered that already and choose to explore "loose
tenons".

Ever tried it?

Making tenons Pat Barber Woodworking 38 December 12th 06 01:04 PM
Dowling rather then tenons? Toller Woodworking 9 January 17th 06 02:57 AM
David Marks And Loose Tenons - Revisited Mike Marlow Woodworking 15 June 4th 05 06:08 PM
David Marks and Loose Tenons stoutman Woodworking 73 May 30th 05 03:48 AM
cut my tenons too small. now what? dustyone Woodworking 19 April 25th 05 07:54 PM