Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Two parties

On Feb 2, 9:00*am, Han wrote:
Mark & Juanita wrote innews4OdneGiDOI4JvrWnZ2dnUVZ_oRi4p2d@supernews. com:

* Good heavens! If you live in NJ or any part of the Northeast, you've
* got
more gun laws than you can shake a stick at! *There are already laws
on the books that prohibit felons, people judged mentally incompetent,
or people who have been convicted of even misdemeanor domestic abuse
from buying or owning firearms. *All of the cities with the strictest
gun laws (enacted ostensibly for the objectives you state) have the
highest crime rates. *In Detroit, the odds of a murder being solved
are below 50%. *Lack of laws is not the problem. *

If you have any good *ideas as to how to modify kids' behavior, let me
know. *My son-in-law teaches math in a Paterson high school. *It is
absolutely scary to realize how dysfunctional and dependent on outside help
or drug trades those kids are (in general, there are a lot of good kids
too).
--
Best regards
Han

When trying to communicate, it helps to speak the same language.
When trying to communicate with a gangbanger, stick a Glock up his
nose.
We all dream of a land without violence, but as long as law
enforcement remains incapable of stamping out criminals, I will feel
obligated to keep a device handy that helps me translate my position
to the criminals.
Stoop to their level? Yup, be happy to. Speaking to them in legalese
doesn't seem to have much of an effect.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 06:14:31 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
When trying to communicate, it helps to speak the same language.
When trying to communicate with a gangbanger, stick a Glock up his
nose.

That's very limited communication and possibly only effective during
that time and place. After the fact, it likely means that the next
person to come across a gangbanger is going to have a more difficult
time "communicating". Is that what you call effective communicating?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 06:14:31 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
When trying to communicate, it helps to speak the same language.
When trying to communicate with a gangbanger, stick a Glock up his
nose.

That's very limited communication and possibly only effective during
that time and place. After the fact, it likely means that the next
person to come across a gangbanger is going to have a more difficult
time "communicating". Is that what you call effective communicating?

Be nice to Joe Criminal and he will be nice to you. Come down here
(Washington) and I will take you to what used to be a nice little town. I'll
watch while you try to reason with some slimeball as he knocks you down and
proceeds to stomp the life out of you. Don't worry, before he can actually
kill you, I'll shoot the *******.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:40:13 -0800, the infamous "CW"
scrawled the following:

"Upscale" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 06:14:31 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
When trying to communicate, it helps to speak the same language.
When trying to communicate with a gangbanger, stick a Glock up his
nose.

That's very limited communication and possibly only effective during
that time and place. After the fact, it likely means that the next
person to come across a gangbanger is going to have a more difficult
time "communicating". Is that what you call effective communicating?

Be nice to Joe Criminal and he will be nice to you. Come down here
(Washington) and I will take you to what used to be a nice little town. I'll
watch while you try to reason with some slimeball as he knocks you down and
proceeds to stomp the life out of you. Don't worry, before he can actually
kill you, I'll shoot the *******.

D.C. has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, and the highest
crime rate of all cities, I believe. And speaking of drug snorting
Mayors, How's Marion Barry doing?

--
Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire,
you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.

Two parties Han Woodworking 16 February 5th 10 06:40 PM
Two parties Han Woodworking 13 February 4th 10 02:56 AM
Two parties Han Woodworking 1 February 3rd 10 06:02 AM
OT- I never get invited to the right parties! Dave Balderstone Woodworking 5 April 15th 06 07:31 PM
OT- I never get invited to the right parties! bf Woodworking 0 April 15th 06 04:31 PM