Posted to rec.woodworking

Default collar bone

Sorry about not posting for a while, but I've literally been in a
sling. Around the first of the year, I took a header down the
stairs here at home and did a number on my shoulder and collar
bone. It was just a few days before we went on a 3-week cruise,
to boot. I made it on the cruise, but typing and lifting anything
over 3# are off limits for the time being. I'll be back posting
in a few weeks if the bones heal OK, but until then I'll just be
a lurker.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to rec.woodworking

It takes only 7 lbs of pressure to break the average collar bone.
Actually a great defensive move for women, using a quick karate chop
with a fist. Once it is broken the assailant will essentially loose
the use of that arm. Break them both, them slap him and walk away.

On Feb 1, 2:52*pm, "Nonny" wrote:
Sorry about not posting for a while, but I've literally been in a
sling. *Around the first of the year, I took a header down the
stairs here at home and did a number on my shoulder and collar
bone. *It was just a few days before we went on a 3-week cruise,
to boot. *I made it on the cruise, but typing and lifting anything
over 3# are off limits for the time being. *I'll be back posting
in a few weeks if the bones heal OK, but until then I'll just *be
a lurker.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:37:00 -0800 (PST), the infamous
"SonomaProducts.com" scrawled the following:

It takes only 7 lbs of pressure to break the average collar bone.
Actually a great defensive move for women, using a quick karate chop
with a fist. Once it is broken the assailant will essentially loose
the use of that arm. Break them both, them slap him and walk away.

Bwahahahahahaha! I love it. g

On Feb 1, 2:52*pm, "Nonny" wrote:
Sorry about not posting for a while, but I've literally been in a
sling. *Around the first of the year, I took a header down the
stairs here at home and did a number on my shoulder and collar
bone. *It was just a few days before we went on a 3-week cruise,
to boot. *I made it on the cruise, but typing and lifting anything
over 3# are off limits for the time being. *I'll be back posting
in a few weeks if the bones heal OK, but until then I'll just *be
a lurker.

Condolences, Nonny. Happy Healing!

P.S: Why did you take the header?

--
Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire,
you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I guess there are breaks and then there are breaks. I have had my
left collar bone broken twice in different locations. Once in an auto
accident and once in football. This is how I became aware of the
defensive utility of this injury from the female doctor who cared for
me on one of my incidents. I can also attest to the uselessness of the
arm. I could lift it but I surely couldn't do any useful work with it
until several days if not weeks later.

On Feb 2, 10:50*pm, Peter Huebner wrote:
In article ,
says...

Subject: collar bone
From: Larry Jaques
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:37:00 -0800 (PST), the infamous
"SonomaProducts.com" scrawled the following:

It takes only 7 lbs of pressure to break the average collar bone.
Actually a great defensive move for women, using a quick karate chop
with a fist. Once it is broken the assailant will essentially loose
the use of that arm. Break them both, them slap him and walk away.

Bwahahahahahaha! *I love it. g

Is this yet another silly urban myth? *My first wife broke her
collarbone when she totalled my car, didn't even register for quite some
time. It certainly didn't slow her down or stop her from using the arm
until she was ordered to wear it in a sling.

-P.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 1, 2:52*pm, "Nonny" wrote:
Sorry about not posting for a while, but I've literally been in a
sling. *Around the first of the year, I took a header down the
stairs here at home and did a number on my shoulder and collar
bone. *It was just a few days before we went on a 3-week cruise,
to boot. *I made it on the cruise, but typing and lifting anything
over 3# are off limits for the time being. *I'll be back posting
in a few weeks if the bones heal OK, but until then I'll just *be
a lurker.

Condolences, Nonny. Happy Healing!

P.S: Why did you take the header?

Because he missed the footer? rimshot

From: Larry Jaques
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:37:00 -0800 (PST), the infamous
"SonomaProducts.com" scrawled the following:

It takes only 7 lbs of pressure to break the average collar bone.
Actually a great defensive move for women, using a quick karate chop
with a fist. Once it is broken the assailant will essentially loose
the use of that arm. Break them both, them slap him and walk away.

Bwahahahahahaha! *I love it. g

Is this yet another silly urban myth? *My first wife broke her
collarbone when she totalled my car, didn't even register for quite some
time. It certainly didn't slow her down or stop her from using the arm
until she was ordered to wear it in a sling.

-P.

Yeh, I see what you're saying. Alas, I was mostly replying to the 'break
both his collar bones, slap him and walk away scenario.

Picture this: It is commonly thought that kicking a guy in the balls
will totally and utterly incapacitate him, right?

Friend of mine was working in a home for very tough adolescent girls.
One of them kicked him in the balls. It didn't stop him from lashing
out, and giving her a knuckle sandwich that knocked all her front teeth
out.
(b.t.w. he never got any heat over that)(same girl tried to brain me
with a 1 pound brass replica pistol lighter; narrowly missing my head
from 10 feet away, I was working in the same place for 3 months).

So what I'm saying, a guy on an adrenalin high, stalking a woman with
no-good on his mind, won't even notice that broken collar bone until
several hours after he's beaten the crap out of her ...

anyway .... best, -P.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 4, 9:00*pm, Peter Huebner wrote:

So what I'm saying, a guy on an adrenalin high, stalking a woman with
no-good on his mind, won't even notice that broken collar bone until
several hours after he's beaten the crap out of her ...

Your buddy's balls didn't incapacitate his arms. A broken collar bone
affects the use of the arm.
IOW, you have to be able to lift your arm to beat the crap out of
somebody... just a hunch, mind you.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Nonny" wrote in message
news
Sorry about not posting for a while, but I've literally been in a sling.
Around the first of the year, I took a header down the stairs here at home
and did a number on my shoulder and collar bone. It was just a few days
before we went on a 3-week cruise, to boot. I made it on the cruise, but
typing and lifting anything over 3# are off limits for the time being.
I'll be back posting in a few weeks if the bones heal OK, but until then
I'll just be a lurker.

--
Nonny

Man, my gut twisted when I read about the accident. Three and a half years
ago I slipped on the wet deck steps, cleared three of them and clipped the
bottom one and the concrete. I crushed T8 vertebra. It didn't give me much
trouble until last year and worsened until I had to have a spinal cord
stimulator inserted, now using narcotic patches and can't work. You did
indeed dodge a bigger bullet than you realize. It's like that anytime we
get hurt - it could have been worse. Glad that for the most part you are
OK.

bone knitting DGDevin Woodworking 10 May 1st 09 07:30 PM
dying bone? Groomporter Woodturning 2 April 8th 09 05:17 PM
The shirt that one wears with a dinner suit also differs greatly fromthe type of shirt that you wear with a conventional suit. There are two majorchoices of shirt design. These are a raised collar or folded collar. Theturned down collar looks similar watchec Electronics Repair 0 April 24th 08 04:53 AM
The shirt that one wears with a dinner suit also differs greatly fromthe type of shirt that you wear with a conventional suit. There are two majorchoices of shirt design. These are a raised collar or folded collar. Theturned down collar looks similar [email protected] Woodworking 0 April 19th 08 11:25 AM
Arbor Collar Rumpty Woodworking 1 April 1st 05 03:04 AM