Posted to rec.woodworking

Default collar bone

I guess there are breaks and then there are breaks. I have had my
left collar bone broken twice in different locations. Once in an auto
accident and once in football. This is how I became aware of the
defensive utility of this injury from the female doctor who cared for
me on one of my incidents. I can also attest to the uselessness of the
arm. I could lift it but I surely couldn't do any useful work with it
until several days if not weeks later.

On Feb 2, 10:50*pm, Peter Huebner wrote:
In article ,
says...

Subject: collar bone
From: Larry Jaques
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:37:00 -0800 (PST), the infamous
"SonomaProducts.com" scrawled the following:

It takes only 7 lbs of pressure to break the average collar bone.
Actually a great defensive move for women, using a quick karate chop
with a fist. Once it is broken the assailant will essentially loose
the use of that arm. Break them both, them slap him and walk away.

Bwahahahahahaha! *I love it. g

Is this yet another silly urban myth? *My first wife broke her
collarbone when she totalled my car, didn't even register for quite some
time. It certainly didn't slow her down or stop her from using the arm
until she was ordered to wear it in a sling.

-P.