Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Can you identify type of wood from late 1700's and mid 1800's??

blueman wrote:
Please help me identify the types of wood flooring in my house.

The main part of the house was built in about the 1860's in
Massachusetts while the guest room and kitchen areas were built in the
late 1700's.

I'm w/ Swing on this 'un.

Highly improbable for SYP at that time in MA.

Better would be to see an underside w/o the finish if possible access to
do so but I'd be pretty confident.