Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Landau

Default FA: Barnes lathe, late 1800's, in N CA

I'm sorry to part with it; I cleaned it up myself. But I just scored a
nice BP NC mill, and need the space.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...568148645&rd=1
&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

It's near San Jose, CA.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Joe Landau says...

I'm sorry to part with it; I cleaned it up myself. But I just scored a
nice BP NC mill, and need the space.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...568148645&rd=1
&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

It's near San Jose, CA.

Really nice pinstriping BTW.

Do that yourself?

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe,

I have an old Barnes lathe that I got from a neighbor who's a junk
dealer. I don't remember the model no. but it's approximately the same
vintage.

Is yours treadle powered? I must confess I know little about lathes
and was not smart enough to determine this by looking at the ebay
pictures.

Please email me if you're willing to discuss it.

Regards,
Vernon
vtuck at die spammer tucklings dot com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Landau

jim rozen wrote in
:

In article , Joe Landau
says...

I'm sorry to part with it; I cleaned it up myself. But I just scored
a nice BP NC mill, and need the space.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...568148645&rd=1
&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

It's near San Jose, CA.

Really nice pinstriping BTW.

Do that yourself?

Jim

Thanks. I did the pinstriping, but had the help of some masking tape.

Joe

Rikon Lathe David Pugh Woodturning 2 October 29th 05 06:30 AM
Some basic metal lathe questions Grant Erwin Metalworking 5 July 19th 05 10:18 AM
House of tools lathe - comments Machineman Metalworking 24 July 11th 04 05:58 AM
My $20 lathe (well, sort of...) Patrick H. Corrigan Woodworking 4 August 29th 03 02:29 AM
Dead Man's Tools Tom Watson Woodworking 35 July 20th 03 03:59 PM