Posted to rec.woodworking

Default FIY Great Deal on Ryobi Teck 4 Combo Kit

Normally I don't go for the entry level cordless tools but this deal is a
very good one.

If you need or are in the market for hearing protectors, the Ryobi Tek 4
brand protectors is in a combo kit that is on sell for $49.99, shipped.

I got a pair of these hearing protectors for Christmas for $69.00 by them
selves.

Ths kit also has a small drill, power snips, flash light, cell phone charger
and charger. Basically you get the hearing protectors for $20 off and every
thing else is free.

The hearing protectors are great IMHO and fit. Most all others I have tired
would open or leak when I opened my mouth or yawned. They allow normal
sounds and cut out the loud noises.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...4%20Cpy%20-D25

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...4%20Cpy%20-D25

Would the headphones be suitable for the firing range?

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 26, 11:48*am, "Dave In Texas" wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...uctDisplay?sto...

* * Would the headphones be suitable for the firing range?

Dave in Houston

I doubt the response time is up to it... dunno...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/26/10 1:03 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 26, 11:48 am, "Dave In wrote:
wrote in message

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...uctDisplay?sto...

Would the headphones be suitable for the firing range?

Dave in Houston

I doubt the response time is up to it... dunno...

Read the specs, duh. :-p

"Meets applicable OSHA design standards for jobsite and gun range use"

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave In Texas" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...4%20Cpy%20-D25

Would the headphones be suitable for the firing range?

I would think so, AAMOF some one wrote a review and indicated that he used
them at the range and felt they were as good if not better at the range You
can also just leave them turned off.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...uctDisplay?sto...

Would the headphones be suitable for the firing range?

Dave in Houston

I doubt the response time is up to it... dunno...

Typically these type work fine, the report tends to last longer than you
would expect. You may hear a little but not all of the blast.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

On Jan 26, 11:48 am, "Dave In Texas" wrote:

Would the headphones be suitable for the firing range?

Dave in Houston

I doubt the response time is up to it... dunno...

Typically these type work fine, the report tends to last longer than you
would expect. You may hear a little but not all of the blast.

I'll find out; I went for it anyway.
Thanks Leon.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:47:11 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

Normally I don't go for the entry level cordless tools but this deal is a
very good one.

If you need or are in the market for hearing protectors, the Ryobi Tek 4
brand protectors is in a combo kit that is on sell for $49.99, shipped.

I got a pair of these hearing protectors for Christmas for $69.00 by them
selves.

Ths kit also has a small drill, power snips, flash light, cell phone charger
and charger. Basically you get the hearing protectors for $20 off and every
thing else is free.

The hearing protectors are great IMHO and fit. Most all others I have tired
would open or leak when I opened my mouth or yawned. They allow normal
sounds and cut out the loud noises.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...4%20Cpy%20-D25

For $15 (on sale right now http://fwd4.me/Cv4 ), HF has the active
hearing protectors which work well at the rifle range as well as in
the shop. Their red cheapies, 43768, are $2 on sale and work just fine
in all shop settings, too. Where do they get so much money for muffs?
Ouch! OH, they're "ipod compatible". thud

I picked up a copy of Toshio Odate's _Japanese Woodworking Tools:
Their Tradition and Use_ and an azebiki for myself for Christmas. I'm
going to start the book tonight (2 false starts later), after I finish
a Star Trek paperback.

---
"Some of us are wondering if we have created a monster."
Kevin Vranes, climate scientist, University of Colorado
talking about global warming hysteria, January, 2007.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:03:15 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

"Leon" wrote in message

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...uctDisplay?sto...

* * Would the headphones be suitable for the firing range?

Dave in Houston

I doubt the response time is up to it... dunno...

HF's are. http://fwd4.me/Cv4

---
"Some of us are wondering if we have created a monster."
Kevin Vranes, climate scientist, University of Colorado
talking about global warming hysteria, January, 2007.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
[...]

I have had a similar pair and while they do indeed work well, they are for
smaller heads, IYWR I mentioned that my previous smaller pair leaked
sound/lost a firm connection when I opened my mouth or yawned. The Tek4 are
the only ones that I have tried that fit well regardless if you wear a cap
or not. Typically the other hearing protectors would not fit low enough to
properly cover my ears when I wore a cap.

Home Depot won't price match Milwaukee electric chain saw - where a great deal is not a deal at all. No Name Home Repair 0 June 26th 08 02:58 PM
Fantastic Deal on PC Compressor Combo lcottrell Woodworking 14 February 17th 06 11:59 AM
a great deal ravenwolf Home Repair 0 February 10th 06 11:02 PM
A great deal of info on great deal of subjects on and around metalworking rashid111 Metalworking 0 August 8th 05 08:01 PM
Ryobi Router/Table Combo Ed Mana Woodworking 1 January 29th 04 02:52 AM