Posted to rec.woodworking

Default BCT Kerf Maker put to good use for the first time

I used the Kerf Maker yesterday. Worked perfectly!

These 8 muntins will go in the top sections of the head board and foot board
to my "Towers" bedroom re-do project

I snapped the pieces together and today hopefully I will glue them up and
run them through the drum sander to a finished thickness of 3/16". The dado
half laps and rabbets are 1/8" deep, and 1/2" wide. The pieces of wood are
1/2" wide and 1/4" thick. Dado half laps were cut with a stacked dado 3/8"
wide with help from the Kerf Maker to establish dado half laps the correct
width, 1/2" wide. Cutting with the stacked dado set this eliminated the
need to clean up the bottoms of the joints. Rabbets on the ends of every
piece were cut with the aid of the rip fence acting as a length stop, miter
gauge and my regular TS blade. I had to putz around sliding the pieces
back and forth along the miter gauge fence to clean up the bottoms of the
rabbets. Cutting the rabbets this way took me about 15 minutes, cutting
the dado's with the help of the Kerf Maker took about 3 minutes, there was
no tweaking necessary. 56 pieces of wood total, 96 total joints.

Re-sawed cherry 5.25" wide with rabbets and dado's
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...34856/sizes/o/

First set of muntin sticks test fitted w/o glue 7" x 14-7/16"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...93275/sizes/o/

The stack of 8 dry fitted muntins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7622991960362/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:49:49 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

I used the Kerf Maker yesterday. Worked perfectly!

THANKS! I was looking for a review from a trusted source.

-Zz

Not a good time to be in Rothbury Andrew Gabriel UK diy 12 February 6th 09 10:25 AM
NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD MEN... Bongo Jim Home Repair 0 June 2nd 07 03:10 AM
Full kerf or thin kerf DJ Woodworking 31 July 30th 06 09:52 PM
Is this time of the year a good time to buy a new home? first time home buyer Home Ownership 8 May 19th 06 12:23 PM
Good thin-kerf blades BUB 209 Woodworking 7 February 8th 05 02:14 AM