Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Not a good time to be in Rothbury

Apparently, Rothbury have been without gas for 24h.
Gas board shipped in 1100 electric heaters, which when
all plugged in, have taken out their electricity supply
too. Nice one... now they've got no power at all.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3 Feb, 18:59, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
Apparently, Rothbury have been without gas for 24h.
Gas board shipped in 1100 electric heaters, which when
all plugged in, have taken out their electricity supply
too. Nice one... now they've got no power at all.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Wonderful - from an energy company - You couldn't make it up could you?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
Apparently, Rothbury have been without gas for 24h.
Gas board

Doesn't exist any more

It should be avoided lest anyone might confuse it with British Gas

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember (Andrew
Gabriel) saying something like:

Apparently, Rothbury have been without gas for 24h.
Gas board shipped in 1100 electric heaters, which when
all plugged in, have taken out their electricity supply
too. Nice one... now they've got no power at all.

url:
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/2009/...1634-22837240/

url:http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/2009/...1634-22846667/

The writers seem unable to decide whether Rothbury is a town or a
village, but I'd certainly have treated it as a rural location and had
more than one source of heating in my house, preferably three.
This has kept me warm so far this winter, despite several power cuts.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

The writers seem unable to decide whether Rothbury is a town or a
village,

Since Rothbury has a market charter dating back to 1291 then technically
it's a town. But then you'd hardly expect the local journalists to know
anything about that.

--
Mike Clarke

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3 Feb, 18:59, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
Apparently, Rothbury have been without gas for 24h.
Gas board shipped in 1100 electric heaters, which when
all plugged in, have taken out their electricity supply
too. Nice one... now they've got no power at all.

Rothbury? Don't they all have hydro turbines in their back gardens?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:06:50 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

A typical 100-150 mile 'tank-up' would be about 50Kwh..say £4.50 in
todays prices. If using cheap rate, as low as £2.00..

Ok now my car and the wife's and the daughter's all want 50 Kwh overnight (
along with all the neighbours). Will the local distribution system cope?

--
Geo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 Feb, 09:01, Geo wrote:

Ok now my car and the wife's and the daughter's all want 50 Kwh overnight (
along with all the neighbours). Will the local distribution system cope?

No, but the electricity suppliers will soon install a few gas-fired
generating stations.