Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT, Almost - Who Needs to Measure

I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years ago
and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring devices.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

"RonB" wrote in message
I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years ago
and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring devices.

RonB

WHERE DIDI GET THAT!!!!!

Damn.....

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 01/14/2010 01:31 PM, RonB wrote:
I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Awesome.

The only thing I can think of that would make sense is that they're
trying to say that it uses a standard kerf and plate thickness so that
the saw fence cursor remains calibrated.

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 2:31*pm, RonB wrote:
I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. *It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years ago
and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring devices.

RonB

THROW AWAY YOUR FENCE!!!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 1:31*pm, RonB wrote:
I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. *It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years ago
and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring devices.

Forget about that! Think how much you'll save in MATERIALS.

"Cut that board three times and it's still too short..."

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:31:24 -0800 (PST), RonB
wrote:

I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years ago
and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring devices.

RonB

Big deal! That claim was probably made by a retired politician. I'm
waiting for someone to come out with a negative kerf blade. That
would be what I would buy :-)

Gordon Shumway

Our Constitution needs to be used less as a shield
for the guilty and more as a sword for the victim.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"RonB" wrote in message
I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years ago
and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring devices.

RonB

Just think of the implications! Suddenly that Federal sideboard is within
reach! Just throw the wood onto the table and voila! no mis-cuts! Slap a
little glue on...

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

RonB wrote:
I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years ago
and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring devices.

RonB

If I had known that I could have saved over a grand. I wouldn't have
had to purchase my cabinet saw.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 4:18*pm, Nova wrote:
RonB wrote:
I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. *It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years ago
and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring devices.

RonB

If I had known that I could have saved over a grand. *I wouldn't have
had to purchase my cabinet saw.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Doesn't say anything about width, now, does it?
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 4:18 pm, Nova wrote:
RonB wrote:
I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years ago
and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring devices.

RonB

If I had known that I could have saved over a grand. I wouldn't have
had to purchase my cabinet saw.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Doesn't say anything about width, now, does it?

Geez, just turn the wood sideways.....
Man, ya gotta explain *everything* to some people

:-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 5:50*pm, "Joe" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Jan 14, 4:18 pm, Nova wrote:

RonB wrote:
I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years ago
and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring devices.

RonB

If I had known that I could have saved over a grand. I wouldn't have
had to purchase my cabinet saw.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Doesn't say anything about width, now, does it?

Geez, just turn the wood sideways.....
Man, ya gotta explain *everything* to some people

:-)

If you measure a flagpole that lies on the ground, you can only
measure how long it is, not how high it is.
Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

In ,
Robatoy dropped this bit of wisdom:
On Jan 14, 5:50 pm, "Joe" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Jan 14, 4:18 pm, Nova wrote:

RonB wrote:
I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years
ago and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring
devices.

RonB

If I had known that I could have saved over a grand. I wouldn't have
had to purchase my cabinet saw.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Doesn't say anything about width, now, does it?

Geez, just turn the wood sideways.....
Man, ya gotta explain *everything* to some people

:-)

If you measure a flagpole that lies on the ground, you can only
measure how long it is, not how high it is.

Seems to me that this kind of measurement must be relative.
It all dependds upon to whom one is married. LOL
P D Q

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message

If you measure a flagpole that lies on the ground, you can only
measure how long it is, not how high it is.

And a flag pole laying down is a lot longer than when it is standing up.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:14:29 -0600, the infamous Gordon Shumway
scrawled the following:

wrote:

I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years ago
and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring devices.

RonB

Big deal! That claim was probably made by a retired politician. I'm
waiting for someone to come out with a negative kerf blade. That
would be what I would buy :-)

Silly! Those aren't blades, they're called Board Stretchers. I got
mine at HF, on sale.

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:18:27 -0500, the infamous Nova
scrawled the following:

RonB wrote:
I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.

My gosh. It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"

Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years ago
and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring devices.

RonB

If I had known that I could have saved over a grand. I wouldn't have
had to purchase my cabinet saw.

"Hello? Yes, Freud, I laid the saw blade on my stack of wood and it
did nothing. None of it was cut to the proper length when I checked on
it in the morning. What do I do now?"

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.
--Abraham Lincoln
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

"Hello? Yes, Freud, I laid the saw blade on my stack of wood and it
did nothing. None of it was cut to the proper length when I checked on
it in the morning. What do I do now?"

"Larry, did you open the package first? It won't work in the package."

Puckdropper ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 15 Jan 2010 09:37:06 GMT, the infamous Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

"Hello? Yes, Freud, I laid the saw blade on my stack of wood and it
did nothing. None of it was cut to the proper length when I checked on
it in the morning. What do I do now?"

"Larry, did you open the package first? It won't work in the package."

"NOW you tell me..."

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.
--Abraham Lincoln
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default But NOT to the right width.

And THERE'S the rub.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 15, 11:33*pm, charlie b wrote:
And THERE'S the rub.

Oh CRAP!

I haven't used it yet.

Might take it back and get my money.

Thanks.

Measure Twice, Cut once... Andrew Gabriel UK diy 5 August 10th 09 02:55 AM
Measure twice cut once dnoyeB Home Repair 7 July 3rd 08 04:35 AM
Measure without tape measure. Robatoy Woodworking 60 February 16th 08 07:31 AM
digital measure SJ UK diy 1 January 12th 05 07:11 PM
do Vid Cam Chargers Measure I ? jack Electronics 0 December 2nd 04 06:43 AM