Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rebuilding Batteries

Does anyone have any experience with a battery rebuilder called
Voltman in Mansfield OH. He has decent web site
voltmanbatteries.com ?. He has a U-tube demonstration on it which
looks pretty reassuring. He'll rebuild a Dewalt 12V NICAD battery pack
for $45. You pay the freight charge to OH, he returns it to you on his
dime. Two to four week turn around. He says their rebuilds are better
than new.

Joe G
Posted to rec.woodworking

No personal experience with this guy but have bought rebuild before
with no probs, just can't recall who it was I boughtthem from. I do
know that it is not very difficult to do if you understand the
process. I am not suggesting to do it yourself, simply saying that if
the guy is actually advertising it would not be too hard to assume he
is doing a good job. And yes, many times newer cells are better than
the originals.

On Jan 13, 10:29*am, GROVER wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with a battery rebuilder called
Voltman in Mansfield OH. He has decent web site
voltmanbatteries.com ?. *He has a U-tube demonstration on it which
looks pretty reassuring. He'll rebuild a Dewalt 12V NICAD battery pack
for $45. You pay the freight charge to OH, he returns it to you on his
dime. Two to four week turn around. He says their rebuilds are better
than new.

Joe G

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 13, 12:29*pm, GROVER wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with a battery rebuilder called
Voltman in Mansfield OH. He has decent web site
voltmanbatteries.com ?. *He has a U-tube demonstration on it which
looks pretty reassuring. He'll rebuild a Dewalt 12V NICAD battery pack
for $45. You pay the freight charge to OH, he returns it to you on his
dime. Two to four week turn around. He says their rebuilds are better
than new.

Joe G

Yep. I had them rebuild one of my 14.4V PC batteries. Good as new,
perhaps better.
Recommended. I'm told this is a pretty easy DIY, too.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:09:09 -0600, "HeyBub"

On Jan 13, 12:29 pm, GROVER wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with a battery rebuilder called
Voltman in Mansfield OH. He has decent web site
voltmanbatteries.com ?. He has a U-tube demonstration on it which
looks pretty reassuring. He'll rebuild a Dewalt 12V NICAD battery
pack for $45. You pay the freight charge to OH, he returns it to you
on his dime. Two to four week turn around. He says their rebuilds
are better than new.

Joe G

Yep. I had them rebuild one of my 14.4V PC batteries. Good as new,
perhaps better.
Recommended. I'm told this is a pretty easy DIY, too.

Sometimes. I disassembled a Dust-Buster and took the batteries to a rebuild
place. The quote was $18 and two days.

Instead I bought a new Dirt Devil at Walmart for $17.

IME, these things are less than worthless, though. A 14.4V PC drill,
not so much.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 13, 12:29*pm, GROVER wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with a battery rebuilder called
Voltman in Mansfield OH. He has decent web site
voltmanbatteries.com ?. *He has a U-tube demonstration on it which
looks pretty reassuring. He'll rebuild a Dewalt 12V NICAD battery pack
for $45. You pay the freight charge to OH, he returns it to you on his
dime. Two to four week turn around. He says their rebuilds are better
than new.

Joe G

I had a local "Interstate Batteries" shop rebuild 3 sets for me a
couple of years ago. They work great! Cost about $35 for each set.
The new batteries have a larger amp-hour rating too.

Len