Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Big Wheel

I have a LARGE peddle grinder like the one you can see on the Roy
Underhill show that has a 1/4 inch crack on the out side edge going in
to the center.I think the axel started to rust causing it to split. Does
anybody know what I can use to fill or glue this before I take the wheel
of the axel so I don't end up with two halves.
I just want to stabilize it.
Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jerry - OHIO" wrote in message
I have a LARGE peddle grinder like the one you can see on the Roy
Underhill show that has a 1/4 inch crack on the out side edge going in
to the center.I think the axel started to rust causing it to split. Does
anybody know what I can use to fill or glue this before I take the wheel
of the axel so I don't end up with two halves.
I just want to stabilize it.
Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair

J B Weld..Warm it up first then after applying warm it more and it will flow
into the crack further. I use a heat gun carefully . Don't use the 5
minute type. sets up too quick and is half as strong as the regular type.
According to the owner of JB Weld. WW